Has your IBS been in overdrive?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All-

Have had a bout of IBS - M for a few weeks now. Started out as diarrhea and bloating and now I'm dealing with constipation and bloating the last couple days. The problem I'm having is the lower back and hip pain. I have days where I have no pain at all, and then days it's there all day (starting when I wake up with gas). It's the type of back pain that aches and makes me feel like my lower back is out. I can also feel my stance is different from the bloating...like its jutting my stomach more outward and arching my back more. I notice my back even pops more in that area when I bend over to try and relieve this discomfort. Anyone else's IBS off the hook with peri? I have had IBS for years, but it seems this year it has been the worst!

0 likes, 12 replies

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mine is terrible right now , at least I hope it's ibs . My anxiety is in overdrive at the moment thinking the worst . I have had ibs on and off over the years , but I seem to be getting it more lately , sometimes with a bit of blood . My husband and daughter tell me to stop worrying and I know if I go to the doctors I will be put through a barrage of tests .

• Posted

Totally understand. I am not interested in having a CT scan which is usually their first "go-to" test. I have already had enough of those in my lifetime. What symptoms are you having?

• Posted

I have had so many different things over the years . Severe migraines , aching limbs , chest pains , dizziness and feeling like I'm going to pass out , reflux , indigestion , nausea and loss of appetite and now needing to keep going to do a bowel movement with abdominal pain . The list just seems to go on and on . My symptoms come and go and just when I think they are getting better , another one appears . I just want to cry

• Posted

Hi Charcey97

I have exactly the same symptoms as you - I too have suffered from IBS for many years but it has become worse and can be very scary.

Have been for the fecal tests and scans but all clear.

You're definitely not alone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.