Hashimoto

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with hashimoto for about a month ago.  The doc put me on a paleto diet. The first two weeks many symptoms faded away. But now I've been experiencing dizziness, fatigue, brain fog, anxiousness. Is that normal symptoms for hashimoto? And should I be worried about it? What can I do to get rid off the symptoms? 

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have Hashimoto Disease and have had it for years. I don't know about the paleto diet. We were on a strict low sugar diet and no red meats for a couple of years. I know certain diets can help but not sure. We have partially gone off that diet and eat more sugars and I see no difference. I did have a period when I was extremely stress of being over the top anxious. To the point of panic attacks kind of. Yes, I get fatigued more easily and at times I have brain fog. I'm not sure if the last two, for me, are Hashimoto or just aging. I do not experience dizziness. Talk to your Dr. Your Dr should be monitoring your meds until you are more regulated. Is it true Hashimoto or just hypothyroid? I'm not sure it matters, but I was diagnosed as hypothyroid until my antibodies test came back over a 1000 higher than normal. But, even that did not change anything, just the name of the disease. Best wishes.

• Posted

Paleo diet is good.....gluten free, cut the sugars, exercise. Do not get anxious....there is no quick fix here with an autoimmune disease. Change your lifestyle, relaxation helps, meditate... an holistic approach has been helping me.

Exercise is crucial...invest in good supplements, eat lots of vegetables and avoid processed food. The illness will never go away for good....but you can manage it. You are also at risk at getting other autoimmune diseases...diabetes, lichen scleroses, lupus which can come anytime.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.