Hashimoto's Disorder

Posted , 8 users are following.

So I have been DX with an autoimmune disorder called Hashimoto's Disorder. Can anyone tell me what they are taking for the extreme fatigue associated with this disorder?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

There is no specific treatment for the fatigue however, once your thyroid meds kick in ( it can take weeks), you will start feeling more energetic.

i noticed the effects of Synthroid after a few days... it helped with cold intolerance as well as the fatigue.

unfortunately I also have Sjgorgens which causes  fatigue ....

• Posted

Hi read your reply My daughter has Thyroid cancer which moved into her lungs and face She had radiation She is close to cancer free Of course her thyroid was removed  Problem is they can't find a good balance Synthroid dosage At first when it stated working was not strong enough Now her dosage has given her Hyperthyroid symptoms I'm a bit concerned they can't find a good balance Her Endo and oncol. are both a bit confused Any advice

• Posted

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Sjogren's too.  So far my thyroid is still okay.  I also have ADD and I take Adderall for that.  That is the only medication that will get me out of bed.  Without it, I will stay in bed all day.  I am so fatigued and have extreme pain from burning mouth syndrome and nerve damage in my lower lip.  I am very stressed and depressed and I do feel for you.  I am 66 so my health is not getting better and I am alone so things are getting more difficult.  I will keep you in my prayers.  With blessings, donna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.