Hashimoto's - looking for general advice/opinions

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone! Hoping for a bit of advice. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in 2015 and cut out gluten within the first few months - I've been gluten free ever since. The past month or so I've just felt my 'daily function' decreasing - fatigue getting worse, more body aches and pains, skin problems, nausea mainly in the morning (definitely not pregnant), dizziness and feeling lightheaded, very low mood and anxiety & also painful urination, sometimes smelling a bit foul. Last night I experienced intense lower back pain and abdominal pain with abdominal distension and bloating and struggled to stand/walk because of the pain. I just generally feel like poop and would love nothing more than to curl up in a ball in my bed! It's beginning to have a big impact on my work and daily life. So I'm basically just looking for a bit of advice on what people might think could be going on - just a bad flare or should I think about doctors again? Many thanks for your help smile 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you on thyroxine?  I would definitely be seeing a doctor and getting blood tests to see what is going on.

• Posted

Thank you smile Yes I am - bloods were done again in March and told 'everything in normal range' but I have elevated antibodies and ultrasound shows typical sign of thyroiditis. 

• Posted

March was quite a while ago.  I'd be insisting on blood tests.  

Because I not only had Graves Disease, which meant my thyroid eventually got removed, so now I am on thyroxine....but also had PARAthyroid adenoma, I often advise people to get their calcium tested.  High calcium, even slightly raised, can indicate an adenoma...but the best test is calcium, PTH and vit D in the same blood test.  High calcium and PTH with low Vit D shows the adenoma.

Symptoms of parathyroid adenoma are exhaustion, brain fog, depression...and a whole lot of other things that affect some people but not others...but all are affected by those 3.  Google it and you can see the list.

Good luck with getting treatment or diagnosis if it is not your thyroid that is causing your symptoms.

My adenoma came out at the same time as my thyroid....

• Posted

I'll definitely have a look into this - thank you so much for your help! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.