hashimotos and now b12/gastritis autoimmune disorder

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive had hashimotos for about 5 years, and over the last year had issues with my liver function tests (had scan/nothing found). found out im very low in vitamin d, folic acid and b12.

more tests found i have positive gastric cells and the doctors have diagnosed autoimmune anemia and gastritis where my stomach lining is basically not absorbing any vitamins or the thyroid tablets i am taking so my levels are still not normal.

i just wondered if there is anyone in a similar situation as they are sending me to gastrology and endo at the hospital as my local doctors said they dont know what to do. If my body doesnt absorb thyroid meds then wont i get really ill? the same with vitamins. they said i shouldnt worry but when its life long medication you cant help but not to worry.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Just a thought, have you heard of CIRS? I have this condition and it is autoimmune, can cause Hashimotos, thyroid problems, B12, Vit D levels can be low. It is a multisystem multisymptom illness. It is not widely known about yet so your doctor may not be familiar but it might be worth looking at the symptom list and comparing. Best of Luck

• Edited

Multi Autoimmune Disorders, yup that's me too. Welcome to my world and I am sorry you had to come here. (Hugs)

Now, something I have found for my Gastroparesis is Acidophilus. It's a live germ that you take after each meal (it's a sour taste) to help you Burp. It's totally natural and I found it when I had my son and he got colic, my cousin told me about it and it worked beautifully and now it works beautifully for me and it can anyone else too. It helps with Trapped Gases in the Stomach and Body without Chemicals (I take too many of those as is).

Vitamin B12 Deficiencies comes with Digestive Disorders, as does Vitamin D Def's. I almost died from Vit B12 Def. back in 2005, so please be careful of that little nasty one! Now I take a shot once a month... for life with a weekly Vit D pill... yays.

You should ask if you can get your Thyroid Med through a Patch, in an Ointment or perhaps a Shot. There are more ways than one to skin that cat, I am sure.

Now what Most Dr's will not do is talk to you about your Diet and that actually matters the most, but why tell you that when they can keep you supporting their families by constant visits! Money. ::: deep sighs ::: It will kill us all yet, ho hum. Back to Diet!

#1. Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water at Room Temp, taken with Mineral Drops. Why" Because The-Crap-In-The-Tap will kill you or make you wish you were dead.

#2. Stop the Gluten Intake. Your Body and more so your Mind will thank you for it. Stop it for Two Weeks and see if your mind clears up and you get less pain in your body. If you do, stop eating Gluten for Life, if you don't feel better you can always go back to it. You do not have to have Celiac Disease to have a Gluten Intolerance and be poorly effected by Wheat Products.

#3. Do the same with Dairy to see how you do on Lactose! 2 Weeks!

#4. Granulated Refined Sugar, Bad. Gets into the Mussels and makes them Stiff. Honey does not do this.

#5. Coffee (not caffeine) + Any Digestive Disorder = Stomach Pain & Diarrhea or at least Intolerance.

#6. Soda, worse than coffee on system.

#7. Chemicals & Preservatives. This is why you have Gastroparesis and Digestive Disorders in the first place. Go Organic as much as you can afford. I highly suggest planting a personal Garden and learning to Can.

*Your gut may be leeking at this point so you should have a check up from a Gastrologist (My spelling bites! LOL Apologies)

Well, that's my best Darlin! I live with the same issues and more every day, you hang in there! You can get much better by shifting your diet and faithfully watching what goes into your mouth. Autoimmune Diseases thrive on Chemicals we take in our food daily and it only takes 1 Month to change our taste buds. Our taste buds will accept anything we feed them and our Brains learn to crave what we feed it. I have done this, You Can Too!

I hope this helps.

All My Best

{Hugs}

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.