Hashimotos hypo help

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi. hoping someone can help.

i have Hashimotos last May and was borderline hypo (6-7 TSH) therefore was put on Synthroid.

this helped me feel back to myself again, however 5 mths later i felt symptoms of hyperthyroidism. MY labs were within normal range so my dr took me off Synthroid.

4 months later, i am now feeling just like i did beforebeing diagnosed.... all the symptoms are back.

my dr wants me to do labs but its not open until Sunday, i have medication and would like to start taking and feel better asap

if i take 1/4 today and tomorrow, do you think it will effect my labs on Mon?

I guess this is the seesaw of Hashimotos ... hypo, hyper, hypo?

ughhhhh

thanks in advance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Trudy,

Ive been in that position that my bloods are in range but my body is telling a different story.

After suffering for many years with inadequate treatment I was referred to an endochronologist . I have hypothyroidism diagnosed by chance in 2000. He has been invaluable in finding out what is wrong with me. I'm waiting for more bloods and an MRI to get a diagnosis. Although I'm fearful of the outcome it will be a releif to have acknowledgement of all these weird symptoms Ive been experiencing.

Personally I would not change the dosage of my meds.

I wish you well and hope you get the right treatment for this difficult condition.

Warmest regards

Tricia x

• Posted

Hi Trudy.

as Tricia has said, I wouldn't take any thyroxine at all before a test as this can really skew results! Let us know how you get on! xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.