hate it

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi, decided to look up the drug and found you guys. i thought tht it was only me feeling like this. I feel sick as adog. Waves of nausea, stomach cramps. Painfull! i am sooooo tired all the time. Yawning so much its embarrassing. Cant shift any weight. Lighthjeaded. the list goes oin. I have just had the dose doubled up . Take two on the days that I feel like I need too. It is a horrid effect. any advice from you guys. I am desperate.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

well im starting mine tomorrow..so perhaps we can keep posting each other on here re the effects..and compare notes so to speak.

i will let you know tomorrow eve how i feel after first tab!

aly

• Posted

sorry dreamy..the last reply was from me re. citalopram!
  • Posted

Hi Dreamy and Aly

All I can say is to keep taking the pills and if you feel realy bad then see your doctor. Try to be as healthy as you can, try to limit the alchol as it will make you feeling bad the day after.

After a little while you can slip back to the old bad habits.

When you first start these pills you feel very tired and I found the best thing to do is sleep. Take time off work and learn to relax.

Sod the world and the housework, concentrate on getting yourself better.

You must have felt you were at the end of the road cause you went to the doctors. This is the start of a new life for yourself and you need to look after yourself.

Rest when you want to rest. Work when you want to work and when you feel better go back to work and take one step at a time.

You will get there in the end.

Hope this helps

J x

• Posted

hi mrs j. thanks for the reply..as i have informed others who have kindly replied to my concerns, i started last night at 10mg not the fyull 20..will take those in 1 week. feel sick and headache..but so far okish.

you are right about it being start to new life..hope this is the case for us alll!!

take care alyx

• Posted

Hi Aly

I've been on these tablets since 15 october 07 and I take 20mg a day. I'm a lot better than I was but still have my down days, Today is one of those.

I've managed to get my self out in the garden and chop a bush down and take it to the dump in 2 trips. I'm now knackered.

Feel like I need to talk.

Had someone shouting down the phone at me nearly all afternoon yesterday and thats upset me a bit. I refuse to talk to him again.

Hope you are feeling better today.

If I were you I'd take the 20mg and start to get better.

:roll: :lol: :shock:

I like these faces. Little things please me. these days.

I'm so childish LOL

• Posted

hi its aly again. a real pity this site is not more interactive..than we could chat!..sorry to hear that you feel down :cry: i am here if you need to pm me though! thankyou for your kind words of advice..and remember we are all in this together1

alyx :? smile

• Posted

Hi adding a chat room to the site is something we are planning/hoping to do but as I'm sure you'll appreciate it requires time and effort and that's in short supply at the moment amongst the Patient Admin Team. However we'd be really interested in getting serious feedback on how popular a chat room would be and any ideas as to how users would see it operating so if you'd like to contribute your views then please click http://experience.patient.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=32784#32784

Patient Admin Team

• Posted

Hi it's comforting in a strange way to hear that most people suffer similar effects. I have found that all my side effects wore off after a while but the tiredness never went away for me . I think they are designed to slow you down stress for me was a major factor in the onset of my depression so the tabs cause me to rest more work shorter hours etc your boss has to understand that if you continue to work whilst taking this medication you have to slow down and do less. sleep more etc

They calm you down very effectively

Keep in touch

• Posted

I'll agree with that Joey.

When I went back to work I spoke to my manager and she agreed for me to half a day off mid week. I realy need this day of to recharge.

I don't think my husband understand why I need a day off now because I went off sick over 3 months ago and I've been back for 2 months.

My job is stressful at times and even though at the time I'm not worried about things, it catches up a few days later. Some people can be very nasty.

Since I told my manager if I need time out of the office all I do is tell her I need time to chill out and I go outside or in the break room to get a few minutes to myself and reasses the situation.

If you work you need to tell your manager, If you can't trust your manager go to the HR officer. They will understand and arrange things for you.

Good luck

x

• Posted

I am really glad I read this post. Thank you to everyone who contributed!! I too feel very overwhelmed with my work load-I am a university student- and am going tomorrow to try and negociate a way to cut it down as I simply cannot face it. I find it encouraging to know others have gone through a similar experience and were met with understanding.

It can be very difficult when a loved one does not understand this disease, it can leave on feeling inadequate. I know this as I too have been met with unsympathetic ears from people who I thought would help me. However even if one person doesn't understand it is important not to blame them and to rely on the support your friends and family who do understand offer you. It is important to remember that it is not your fault that someone does not understand and try to think of the encouragement you have recieved from others.

Hope everyone is getting on alright an I too think a chat room would be beneficial if it were feasible.

alison

• Posted

Hi Alison

You might like to visit http://forums.walkers.org as it also has some good forums and resources for people with depression. I find it is a great supplement to this site as both offer slightly different things to me and therefore provides a great support network.

The Walkers site has a chat room where I occasionally go for company - the conversation in the chatroom is usually lighthearted and not specifically about depression or meds but you can invite people to a private message conversation if you want to talk serious.

I hope you find this useful - please feel free to send me a message and I will get back to you whenever I can.

Joanne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.