hate the menopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, im 40 and have was told in January that I am perimenopausal,  I had anxiety and depression prior to this, just recently though its been dreadful, my muscles ache in my neck, arm legs, stress levels are really high, have been put on beta blockers for anxiety, already take Prozac  but spend my whole day worrying that its my heart,  I get a lump in my throat, feel hot then cold, sick constantly tired, work is starting to suffer anyone else like this

Thanks

Rachel x

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, unfortunately these are some of the pitfalls of menopause. I can relate to every symptom you've described. This nightmare began for me 16 years ago when at age 26 I had to have my right ovary removed because it just hemorrhaged for no reason. I am now 41 soon to be 42 next month and have two kids. I had my son at age 35 and started having peri symptoms after he was born. I didn't realize they were peri symptoms. I just thought it was amped up PMS. Then after my daughter was born four years later, I went full thrust into peri. My GYN has me on a low dose birth control to help with this crazy roller coaster ride called peri menopause. Hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Xx

• Posted

I had so much trouble with panic attacks I could barely leave my home due to the hormonal changes prior to menopause. You are not dying you cannot and wont die from a panic attack no matter how bad it is. You need to be careful on what you put in your body avoid sugar and caffeine. Exercise just walking helps. Hang in there it will get better.
  • Posted

I have had different symptoms but i can relate to the stiff neck and shoulders at present and feeling stiff until i get moving! X
  • Posted

Hi Rachel.

what tests did drs do to diagnose you?

mine refused to even test me and was given nothing for my depression either which has escalated badly. I'm so angry at the lack of interest just because of my age 39. I hear you though. I'm choosing herbaks to balance hormones but have yet to start.

• Posted

hi ellacraig,

i was lucky i was 39 and inisited on a blood test, despite my gp saying it would be a waste of time, she was so suprised when it came back that i was, insist on a blood test, 

my depression has been long term so was already on pills for that,

good luck let me know how you get on,

remember its your body and you know if it done feel right

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.