hate wednesdays

Posted , 4 users are following.

Having just worked four shifts in five days sooo tired its taking me all day to get my house back in order taking so many tablets doesnt help wish i had a magic wand at hand would make life easier

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hotpicks99 Magic wand would be great to have hun. dont push yourself too much fibro has a way of biteing you on the bum if you do. It wount hurt for the house work to wait another day get those feet up and rest. I would hate to see in bad in bed for days. house work can wait people take you as they find you or not at all.god forbid but if anything happened to us the house work would still be their tomorrow waiting to be done.now wheres that magic wand? gentle hugs take care. PACE PACE PACE YOURSELF  XXsmile
    • Posted

You are a star loved your reply trouble is i have a bit of ocd cos it winds me up if things are not done going to chill now and hopefully have a easy and quiet evening with my feet up sending you hugsxx
    • Posted

I use to be house proud everything in its place had to be clean tidy I use to follow my husband son with a dustpan brushlol but not any more but I must admit not being able to do my work like I use to furiayes the hell out of megggggggrrrrrrrr flaming fibro pleased to hear your going to chill now have a lovely relaxing evening big hug comng to you  xx
  • Posted

Hi Hotpicks,

It's horrible having to juggle life with fibro - especially as people won't know it's there because 'we all look well' (They can't see the true face we hide) and we tend to carry on regardless.

Put yer feet up with a nice cuppa and book/mag/tv/radio/whatever it takes to relax and rest - Fibro loves us to try and ignore it and carry on because the harder we try to ignore it the harder it beats us up

And as for the housework - How does the saying go? 

'Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today' well I say 'Don't do today what you can put off til tomorrow'

Rest up x

• Posted

Love it and so true, Having M.E. which gives me fibro im afraid my house is less tidy than it was years ago when all five boys were at home, yes i look well, i do my hair and my makeup too, ive had days when i could harldy hold the hair dryer and brush up my hair into a pony tail cos my arms ached so bad.  Indeed Rest up HOTpicks99
  • Posted

I certainly understand how your muscles/body feels.It may be a bit much to take on with Fibro. But you have to do what you have to do..
  • Posted

Hello Hotpicks,

Your hate wednesdays post caught my attention. When i wirked full-time, (sadly no longer can) I thought wednesdays was a great day, halfway thro week, and only 2 more to do, I still try to think that as a positive now! Great replies here, re the housework. I used to be the same ( still am to a certain extent ). but I do like it to be tidy, and stress out if not. I have learnt that if things are not as you wish just to accept, if you can't change it. Am on a mindfulness course at the moment, and it is really helping, praps you could ask your Doc about this.

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Think i over didit yesterday in agony with my legs going to have a stay in bed day today i dont work mon to fri wish i did love eto have the weekends off sending hugsx
    • Posted

Morning Hot picks sorry to hear your not great today? I know its hard we just want to do what we use to do and want our home to be kept as its always been kept. but that is easily said than done with our condition. we have to pace ourselves and just do what we can. as mr fibro just loves knocking us back as you have found today. dont you just love mr fibro? you take care rest up and remember to pace pace pace big hug coming to you xxsmile
    • Posted

sadmr fibro has caught up with mebig time soooo tired woke up in middleof the night with verypainful legs feel so im lying on my settee dropping off to sleep thank you for your reply fibro has a lot to answer to sending hugsx
    • Posted

he certainly has alot to answear for he is relentless in his pursuit of us. try to sleep if you can and rest. hope the pain in your legs ease soon. big hug coming to you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.