Hating myself

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am still off and on struggling with the idea that I have herpes. I had my first outbreak in July of last year. I haven't had any other outbreaks since then because I've been on daily meds. But 2 weekends ago I got very sick with a cold and began feeling my headache and leg pain coming on. After a couple days it went away. I then had protected sex 3 times with someone that week, but the condom broke once. After the first time, I had irritation, and frequent and painful urination. I began taking cranberry pills and drinking lots of water. It got better by the end of the day. A couple days later it started hurting again and for one day, there was blood when I wiped. After that day, it got better again. Today it's back to frequent painful urination and itching. I'm so miserable because all I can think about is that this is probably a recurrent outbreak and I slept with him! sad He has been distant the last few days and now all I can think of is that he caught it and hasn't talked to me about it. I'm sure it could be anything other than that, but I instantly think of that. I don't know the chance of him catching it of this is indeed an outbreak. I hate the fact that I caught this last year and how much my life has changed. I seriously just want to die. I don't wanna live anymore. My grandfather took his own life and all I can think of is how much I wish I had the nerve to do the same!! I don't want this life anymore.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ummm... Can I ask why you didn't get tested and you've been guessing at a very serious lifelong disease? 

This isn't only about you -- it's about people you are with. If you had knowledge that you probably were infected and didn't tell your partner?? Not fair to him!

I was just infected by someone who also "thought" they might have it but didn't get tested. He didn't tell me until AFTER we had been together several times.

Totally irresponsible fooling with other people's health. No empathy. Sorry! 

• Posted

Hello..I know this post is old but I don't know where else Can I tell about it...my friends,family they don't understand how I feel...I am 18 yrs old and I got infected by this virus over 3 weeks ago and I don't know how to handle it...I feel so ashamed and guilty and I know that I won't have normal life..I won't find anyone who will aceept this because everyone will think about me bad...person who infected me even doesn't talk with me anymore..I feel so alone with this..I just wanna die....

• Posted

Hi @ania73834

i seen your message and wanted to reach out to you. your life is most certainly not over.

Please try find an online support group or someone you can talk to. this is soo common. you will get through this, it will make you a better person. It doesnt define you as a person. sending a big hug dont feel alone in this, millions of people have it. the first outbreak is always the worst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.