Have a hard lump underarms after pus drainage is done. How long this hard lump stats?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I got a hit by mistake near my underarms. and this area is very sensitive it got swollen and later doctor told I have got a pus inside it.

so doctor gave a small cut and drained a pus out and put the gauze tape. and asked me to keep putting warm water 4 times a day and take out pus.

this continued for 1 week and after a week the cut got healed or closed. And now I am left with a hard lump.

when checked with doc, i think he saw little infection still there and hard lump, he asked me to continue antibiotics and warm towel pressure.

my question is, how.much time does it take hard abcess/ lump to go? it's been 15 days already u am taking antibiotics and warm towel.

let me know your experience too.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.