Have all the symptoms but blood test is normal

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been passing out and having every single symptom of IDA for about 2 years now on & off . I got a blood test in Sept 2016 it was perfect . Got one August 13th it was also perfect . No sign of anemia but it's weird because i have shortness of breath paleness weakness numbness lightheaded hair loss pin & needles etc. nowadays im having pains . Pain in leg hands ribs etc. i feel absolutely horrible everyday i go to doctors every other month and they find nothing wrong with me . My doctor said i might have MVP but i took pills for that before and still felt horrible ao idk what it could possibly be. This is affecting me so much i cant work or do anything that i enjoy because of this. What do you suggest?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What were your actual results? I have doctors say my results were perfect but on inspection were either lower end of the range or what they call borderline low. Get a copy if your results and if you don't mind posting.  

• Posted

Back in sept my hgb was 12.5 , red blood cell count and everythinng was good cant remember the number. Didnt got the number from the recent blood test however they said its nothing to worry about
  • Posted

Ask for a copy of your results. You are entitled to see a copy. IDA does not always show up in FBC. You need your iron and ferritin levels. If they haven't tested them ask them to do so. Also check vitamin d & b12. 

• Posted

Thank you i will do that . But even if my iron is actually low I've been on pills for a year and still dont see improvement. 

• Posted

Are you in the UK? I'd go back again to the doctor and persist. Ask to be referred to a consultant. They can do more tests to eliminate other possible causes. It sounds awful and you shouldn't be going through this unsupported. There may be a straightforward diagnosis but if you don't go back again and again they'll assume you're ok. 

• Posted

Hello has any other testing been for other disorders such as diabetes or hypoglycaemia? The black outs can be occurring due to changes in blood sugar levels. If you have been taking an iron supplement and your levels are good it is time to move and and have your doctor start further investigation. It is NOT NORMAL to black out. So don't allow the fluff off and demand further testing and as someone already recommended get your report and examine it yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.