Have any of you tried posture correctives?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from chronic back pain, and I've been reading online that posture corrective really works. But I have my doubts, however, as to whether this is true or not.

I've read a kind of review on this site https://www.ijoobi.com/health/posture-corrective/ but I don't know if it's really as good as they say it is.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am a 13-year sufferer of lower back pain and I think I've tried everything under the sun to control the pain. The only thing I really have to say about your question is what harm could it possibly do to try to sit correctly and stand correctly. The worst that could happen is it doesn't work to reduce your pain.

• Posted

Helga I just visited the website that you provided the link for. I absolutely do not recommend you purchase this product. The author states it right on his website that he has absolutely no knowledge of back pain. I say that because he says that he occasionally even has to resort to taking over-the-counter meds. And that he's not been to a doctor about it either. (He mentioned not wanting to go to a chiropractor so from that I assume he's been to no doctor) I would not recommend buying anything from this individual and secondly I wouldn't recommend you buy a back brace of any sort without consulting a doctor first. It is my understanding that wearing a back brace can weaken your core muscles and make your back worse. I suggest you try to practice good posture without any aids like a back support. And see if physical therapist for some safe exercises to strengthen your core muscles.

• Posted

I have always heard that things like yoga and pilates can help with back pain so I would try these before you buy anything online which could be a bit dodgy.  

As has been said you have nothing to lose if they don't work.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.