Have been told they think I probably have Sjogrens but blood test not conclusive!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I suffer really badly from dry eyes and been told to have puncual plugs, do they work?  I now also have very dry lips inside and out and constantly using lip salve and sucking chewing gum, any other suggestions? Does anybody else have leg cramps associated with this? D

Also does anybody suffer insomnia too?  Sorry lots of questions but new to this and not sure what symptoms to expect or just nothing to do with Sjogrens. Thanks

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

After double cataract operations I went to the optician yesterday to have my sight tested for new glasses.  The Sjogren's has been a lot worse since the operations and my usual drops not very effective.She thinks I am probably allergic to the antibiotic drops prescribed at the hospital - very helpful!  I asked what eye drops would be best to help the intense dryness and was told that tears are made up of water and oil so you really need a viscosity test to be able to choose the most suitable ones.  I have been referred back to ophthalmology but meanwhile will try one of several that were suggested.   
  • Posted

I have insomnia and if i do fall asleep,night terrors.i also have awful leg cramps but only in one leg lol.oddly my dry mouth and eyes aren't much of a problem for me .i guess with all the other symptoms,its the least bothersome sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.