Have developed TN through 7cm scalp laceration, how much compensation would I be due?

Posted , 3 users are following.

accident 18month ago, 7 stitches in open scalp wound. solicitor acting on my behalf although I might have to see a nuero surgeon to prove our case. Am I entitled to compensation for the scalp injury itself that has keft me with the TN. I have also now hav mild driving anxiety and moderate PTSD through being hit by the car

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

umm i'm not sure you can put a pricetag on how you got TN tho if you can prove it was from the accident and not a preexisting condition then i guess you could make a case.tho the brain has no nerves itself. may i ask how come you waited 18 months to decide to do this? how has tn impacted your life not the anxiety or ptsd just the tn?
  • Posted

my compensation claim started after the accident and the doctor has recently prscirbed gabapentin to sort the pain from the tn that developed after the accident, as the pain was getting worse, the stabbing pains actually start at the wound site and doc agress on the condition. my solicitr says that we will poss need an examination to confirm and suggests an MRI scan etc. The case has just taken this length of time as the other partys insurance are dragging their heels, none of the other 3 other ladies with me involved in the accident have been paid out either. I was wondering whether th development of TN due to injury to scalp as websites show is part of a claim as it wasnt something I had before
  • Posted

the solicitr recommended me to a therapist after the accident who confims driving anxiety and moderate PTSD due tobeing hit by the car etc.
  • Posted

Unfortunately medical liability is a serious pain in the butt. When I went septic it was because I told them I was pain and somthing was wrong (preggers at the time) I lost baby at 5 months 2 days later and was on life support. That was in 2010 Still have not settled my case. But conferming the cause of trigeminal neuralgia is a pain in it self. Mine was caused by a bad case of shingles on the left side of my face t has been 4 years and its only getting worse. I do wish you luck and Im around if you have any questions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.