Have felt better until today

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all i havent posted on here for a little while,basically ive been 90% my normal self probably due to finally getting the right medication, i take diazepam,beta blockers and mirtazapine which helps me sleep and has helped me relax and worry less about my numb/tingly symptoms however yesterday my mood was quite low and i was concentrating more than usual over my tingling,anyway today i feel like im nearly back to square one-im ashamed to admit that i wet the bed twice last night! Im hoping it happened cos i was in such a deep sleep ,when it happened i was dreaming about being on the toilet! So of course today im now panicking again that i have ms as i think this can be a symptom of ms,all my tingly/numb hand and face and feet is back ,advice anyone please

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you feeling better today?
    • Posted

Hi i feel better than i did when at my worst but now each day im terrified im dropping back down to where i was and it scares me ,before the tingles/numbess were hardly there or maybe i just wasnt focusing on them, now they are the first thing i think of on waking and it lasts all day just like before i felt almost normal for 2 weeks like back in control now feel like im losing the control -but no panic attacks/meltdowns or shaking and tremors x
  • Posted

Hi Sarah

This is recovery phase. Ups and downs are common. Don't be harsh on yourself.

I was also doing well but have been anxiety struck for a month or so. Trying to cope up somehow.

Each day is different. The day you felt yesterday was different. The feeling you have today is new. And the way you gonna feel tomorrow will be entirely afresh.

Keep believing in yourself.

• Posted

But i felt almost normal and like on my way back up ,people were commenting how much better i was looking as i was actually back to making an effort with my appearence! Now im slightly starting to not care and my left hand and both feet and left knee are tingly/numb again,the only thing thats better -touch woood is my face which at my worst was constantly numb cheeks and rest of face tingles xx
  • Posted

Your getting yourself all jazzed up again. Time for a med check. If your doc thought it might be MS, don't you think they would send you for an MRI. I start to pee and it wakes me up. I also drink tons of coffee. One of my vices. We all have them. So what. Stop making a big deal of it. Throw a towel down and go back to sleep. The more you freak about it, the more anxious you will become. Call you doc right away.

• Posted

Why do u think i should see doc right away?im on waiting list for neuro app but only cos they see the state iv been in!4 docs have agreed health anxiety but yhe peeing the bed thing terrified me x
    • Posted

Hey Sarah,I am thinking about your anxiety over your numbness and tingling, that maybe you could get something to calm you down while your waiting for doc/ neuro appt. I hope it's not MS. I just feel that your really stressing out, and it will make you a mess, before your get to appt. Best of luck!!!!

• Posted

Hi kimberly,i take beta blockers,mirtazipine and diazepam to calm me down and help me sleep,i was a mess since feb with constsnt panic/anxiety attacks and meltdowns,ive improved since been on the ,mirtszapine after swapping from prozac,im 90% myself and more in control than ive been for months,i had a minor setback after the peeing the bed thing which did mske me a bit panicky but my doctor has assured me today that this is because of the sedative effect of the mirtazipine and diazepam(i dont take diazepam every night but had done that night after quite a stressfull day xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.