Have gained a lot of weight from previous medication

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was recently changed from taking escitalopran to fluoxetine, the reason for this was that I gained so much weight which in turn made me feel even worse about myself. Can anyone tell me will this new tablet diminish my appetite in order to lose weight, I eat generally healthy. Any advise would be appreciated.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I lost over 2 stone on flux xx
    • Posted

It was the initial side effect of flux - lost my appetite & had worse anxiety until things calmed down around week 6/7 & I haven't put the weight back on so far xx
  • Posted

Hello Carrie! I am having the same problems, and I gained 10kgs on Cipralex before I was ob flu.. :-( I only lost 1kg due to workout but I am also hoping to get an answer same as you.. dont worry you are not alone x
  • Posted

Thanks for your comments, i will take them all on board.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.