Have had depression, anxiety, and derealization for about a week , what should i do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, i am new to this so i'll just get to the point. I have been under depression as well as  a bit of anxiety and derealization. This all started on a Thursay, which was in the proximity of 2 weeks ago . I was coming home that night from a small deadlifting session and i was about to eat my post workout meal and suddenly, out of nowhere, i experienced a severe panic attack and soon after, i was stuck in a derealized state and i am currently still in it. I then encountered bad depression which im still going through as well as points of nervousness throughtout the day. Its been a week and 4 days and i cant take it anymore. I feel really hopeless and cry for absolutely no reason. I am currently on Flouxetine and have been on it since December of 2013 and i am an 18 year old male. However, i was on powerful pre workout supplement at that time of the panic attack and i was told to not mix it since it can ruin my prescription. My moods are constantly changing throughout the day from happy to sadness in an instant and i cannot stop getting negative thoughts out of my head. I dont know if my body is currently detoxifying itself or if my hormones/testosterone was ruined because of my pre workout cycle, which was 3 months straight with no rest and i got off the supplement that same Thursday. I also take biospurine for calmness but the medication only does a small affect. My grandmother was suggesting that i should either change prescription or up the dosage since im older and my body is totally different then it was almost 4 years ago. I am currently in a calm state but later on i get in a depressed mood. However, my depression hits me very hard in the afternoon and usually doesnt end until night time. My parents believe its all in my head but i tell them that i just cant think straight right now and that my derealization is very hard to beat. My counselor told me it could either be a Thyroid disorder, hormone imbalance, my prescription might not be working anymore, upping the dosage, or low testosterone. Fortunately , i have no thoughts of suicide or harm to others. What do you guys think it could be? I would greatly appreciate honest opinions and replies.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I'd suggest you make an appointment with your GP to discuss your symptoms, perhaps make a double appointment so you have time to discuss everything.

The powerful supplement could have had something to do with it.

Neil 

• Posted

First of all check for any nutritional deficiencies are there. Usually vit d and thyroid. Which are wellknown for creating such false symptoms. But if its not the case then ul have to change yourself which i did and even vit d worked for me. So first go and test that And to control your emotions go for self change through the teachings and practice of buddhism, for this just stay calm sit with yourself legs folded and crossed place your arms on your laps tilt your head slightly upward close your eyes and focus on the presence i.e your breath and just look at the thoughts that arrives dont get involved just look st them when they come do it daily for 15 mins twice a day and see the difference.
    • Posted

well i am a Christian so i solemnly apologize and have to reject in the practices of buddhism. 
  • Posted

And im pretty sure supplements had nothing to do with it, for every so called anxiety and depression suffered their is always something wrong and they always try to find the cause for it, do it but also try what i said it will surely bring you out of this and stop doing heavy exercise for some time.
  • Posted

Mine sort of came around the same way HUGE panic attack out of nowhere and then derealisation spaced out feeling almost like you are looking at someone elses life sort of thing it's a weird feeling and hard to describe. But it is know to come with panic attacks! I would double check with your gp of the symptoms but if you are on "calming" medication aswell personally I wouldn't be taking any intense pre workout supplements or high caffeine products because in effect they are doing doing the opposite of calming you down they are keeping you more alert, heart rate faster etc Obv this is just my personal opinion as I have cut down a lot on caffeine products for this reason 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.