Have had these symptoms for 3 years now, no answers from doctors

Posted , 5 users are following.

I  am a 22 year old male that has been dealing with these symptoms for almost three years now. They began when I was a sophomore in college,  I began to binge drink on the weekends. My symptoms are: Loss of sexual desire, ED, no appetite, I used to defecate twice daily, but now it is once, the bowel movements are usually lighter in color, not the dark brown consistency, i dont have abdominal pain but it always feels full and discomforting, i have this weird feeling in my right side I have become slightly depressed because this is not how my body used to function, I cant get excited or happy over anything anymore, I have had some recent blood work done, an abdominal ultrasound that came back normal, 

Albumin 5.2 g/dl 

Prolactin 8.7 ng/mL 

Estradiol 38 pg/mL 

SHBG 23 nmol/L 

LH 5.7 mIU/mL 

Testosterone 671 ng/dl 

Free Test  15.6

BioAvailable 440 ng/dl 

FSH 3.5 MIuBilirubin 0.7 mg/dl 

ALT 21 U/L AST 18 U/L ALKALINE PHOSPHATE 57 U/L 

Globulin 2.5 g/dL 

Can comebody please help or have any ideas of what this could be? Liver Damage? Psychological? Nerve Damage?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Louis, are you now on, or were you ever on SSRI's or any mind altering drug eithe prescribed or illicit? Thank you.

Andrew Rynne

• Posted

Sorry Louis, what about the 2nd part of the question? Were you ever on any mind altering drug either prescribed or ilicit?
    • Posted

No, I wasn't on any type of mind altering drug, street drug, prescripted medication for anxiety/depression or anything of that nature.  I went from having a very strong sexual desire with easy stimulation to nothing suddenly. My concern is liver disease but blood tests and ultrasounds are unremarkable.
  • Posted

I went through the hell of thinking I had some form of liver damage, because of heavy drinking some years ago. After all the tests results came back clear with normal liver function and the sense of relief was enormous! It was a cautionary episode that I have never forgot and I am thankful for, as I felt at the time I was given a second chance. I barely touch alcohol any more, and better still have gone right off the stuff!

As Irwin has suggested, considering your results, it is a psychological, namely anxiety.

Alcohol is a depressant and lowers our labido, and can cause upset stomachs and play havoc with our styem - been there, done that!

I do hope you find your results reassuring in time, and understand that you have the rest of your life ahead of you, a long life at that with a healthy liver. Just knock back on the booze a bit, OK?

Best wishes Louis!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.