Have hiv symptoms and tested negative at 6 weeks.

Posted , 6 users are following.

On March 7 I had unprotected sex for 5-10 seconds and I realized I was doing wrong and used a condom after. After 2 weeks from exposure I got a bad itchy rash on my arm and also sore throat .After another weeks I started getting abdominal pain with nausea lost 12 pounds couldn’t eat nothing with bad headache since of now I have diarrhea and white tongue and ulcer on top of my gum with weak muscles specially my legs.

I tested for all std’s and hiv on March 22nd and all came negative 

I tested at 4 weeks for all std and hiv all negative 

I tested at 6 weeks for hiv 1 and 2 and tested negative as well 

I’m at my 9th week rn and i still have these symptoms I feel like completely crap.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Here is what I can share about testing, and I am not a doctor by the way... so this is not professional advice.  However, I think my response can help put you at ease.

Statistically, you are not infected. 6 weeks is considered conclusive by most doctors assuming you used a Gen IV test, which is the combination antigen/antibody DUO test. It can be positive in 10 days and by 4 weeks, I believe the test is 96-98% accurate. It would be positive if you were infected. You can test again but according to STD experts, you should expect the same negative result. Look up testing guidelines from a reputable site such as the CDC and you will feel better.

When you said that you tested for all STD's on March, 22nd - note that for Herpes (HSV2) it would take about 16 weeks for the test to 100% accurate, viral hepatitis by 6 weeks (which is low exposure). Bacterial infections would show up sooner.

Note that while your symptoms are real (and perhaps due to something other than HIV), I believe that they also sound anxiety related. I am offering this advice from personal experience. Anxiety can really mess up your body especially over a long period of time. Go see a doctor and perhaps discuss with them.

I wish you the best.

• Posted

The last test I took was a 3rd gen text I believe 
    • Posted

double check... I don't know as much about the 3rd gen so I cant offer anything here. However, I would assume that by 6 weeks antibody's would have shown up. Perhaps review testing guidelines and accuracy (in your region, not sure where you live of course). Or...go take a 4th gen test and if it is negative, which it is likely to be, trust the results.

• Posted

i don't know as much about the 3rd gen so I cant offer anything here. However, I would assume that by 6 weeks antibody's would have shown up. Perhaps review testing guidelines and accuracy (in your region, not sure where you live of course). Or...go take a 4th gen test and if it is negative, which it is likely to be, trust the results.

• Posted

I agree entirely with steven, this sounds like anxiety. HIV 9/10 people that have it don't know its subtle its a snake, the fact you are having all these so called symptoms which are probably created by yourself in a messed up way is more assurance its highly unlikely its HIV, HIV is like cancer with regards to symtoms , you often don't know u have it till late and the signs are so subtle eg. getting more colds and a cough. relax get checked out. even so HIV is nothing these days. u still will have a life just don't be irresponsible and make sure othrs know , u aint got it , id bet on it

• Posted

Thanks for the reply I’m doing one last test at 12 weeks I’m planning on doing one Friday at the 9 weeks and see what it says I pray to god it’s negative 

• Posted

I’m from Texas and well the accuracy of the 3rd gen at 6 weeks is 95%  but to continue with the 12th week for conclusive but idk why I keep having these hiv symptoms related  and I have chronic diarrhea rn it sucks
    • Posted

HIV symptoms can be similar to a common flu or any other type of sickness of the body. The test has not shown that you have HIV, which will rule it out. Testing has a high level of sensitivity, meaning that it detects the virus. Statistics are with you and it is likely time to move to something else.

Personal question, but are you dealing with major anxiety right now?  I'm asking because digestion issues are one of the most common problems with anxiety. Problems like diarrhea are incredibly common - both as a result of anxiety attacks and through persistent stress. The white tongue / dry mouth are other symptoms that I personally have had due to anxiety.

• Posted

.. but you should test to be conclusive, based on your doctor's guidance. sorry, left this out.

• Posted

Yes I’m scared I have it and idk why the sore throat won’t go away either and earache my legs hurts and knee joints as well as vomiting it hurts so bad no medication helps at all I’ve gone to the doctor so many times and they don’t find nothing and do you think my antibodies are taking longer to become detected till 12 weeks I’m at 63 days from the past exposure you think if I test rn it’ll be different at 12 weeks 
    • Posted

Statistically, I would not expect your test results to change at 12 weeks but test again. I would take the 4th gen rest as well as you are in the US and i believe it’s the standard test now. 
  • Posted

im having same problems ,tested negative at 4 months , what is your status now? have you figured out the reason behind all yr symptom? have you been feeling any better? thank you

• Posted

im having same problems ,tested negative at 4 months , what is your status now? have you figured out the reason behind all yr symptom? have you been feeling any better? thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.