Have I blown it completely?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I saw my counsellor yesterday but had a really tough session with flash backs I'm struggling anyway so wrote to her and told her exactly how I felt as I cried myself to sleep last night like a baby in the foetal position. She occasionally poses really tough questions and I can't answer them, like mid-flashback asking where I was and afterwards the same question. As I was shut in a car by the person who did this in a part of Nottingham I didn't know I couldn't answer. I still can't as my brain blocked part of the incident out. I explained this to her. She appears to quiz me about stupid things like why did I want to drink hot chocolate? I thought I was there to be counselled not quizzed? I felt I was on trial. So I told her all the things I was worried about. Is this a bad thing as I've not buttered the truth. Will she throw me out? I've felt scared and worried all day! Would you go back? Please help, I now feel I've got this wrong.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sam

I do not know the situation that made you suffer the way you do.

If you are reliving a past event that takes you back to a troubling time She may on occasions need to bring you back to normality, Hence the Drinking chocolate. Many CPN have different techniques and they will have reasons to test you in your understanding in past events. Allow this to happen.

Good Luck, stop worrying and get well

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob, all of that makes sense but she mentioned about the drink when I asked for one before we started as I'd not had a drink all morning. It doesn't make sense. I also must drink as I have low blood pressure and a constipated bowel so must drink loads. I'll find out if I bother to go again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.