Have I got endometriosis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi...first post. I just want to hear people's opinions who have been diagnosed!

I'm 29, started my periods and they have always been very heavy and painful, but manageable with painkillers. But since having my 1st child 5 years ago, they've become unbearable. I bleed through a super tampon in 1 hour. The only way I can describe the pain is that all my organs have swollen up twice the size and then a knife has been stuck in the middle. If I can get comfy and totally still then I can breathe through the pain, but any movement is complete agony. I only have this pain 2 days a month, the first 2 days of my period then it gets gradually better for the next few days. Painkillers make no difference. It's effecting my life so much, I can't look after my own kids for those 2 days. The pain goes all the way up under my ribs and I'm so bloated I can't even wear pyjamas. I also have pain during sex (not really bad) and spotting inbetween periods. So the doctor sent me for an ultrasound and they found cysts on my ovaries and a polyp on the lining of my womb. She is not worried about these things but has booked another scan for 6 weeks time.

Does this sound like endo? I can't put up with it much longer, I spend all my time dreading it 😩

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Claire!

I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis at age 20. I'm now 23. For me I had a cyst and had it removed and sent to path for a confirmed diagnosis which is the only way to get a diagnosis. I have had painful, heavy, unbearable periods since 14! I had a miscarriage at 18 and that's when all my problems started. I get bloated and have pain that requires prescription pain meds. Endometriosis presents many different symptoms and it's really hard to get a diagnosis. If pain persists I'd ask for a laparoscopy to get a confirmed diagnosis. With a diagnosis there are options! Keep your head up!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.