HAVE I GOT FIBRO?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been suffering aches and pains for a good year now and they seem to be getting worse. 35yo male.

?It started in my elbow. Diagnosis 'tennis elbow'

?Then a shooting pain in my stomach. Eventual diagnosis 'IBS'

?Then over a year I've had MULTIPLE symptoms....headaches, RLS, poor concentration, extreme fatigue, nausea, skin problems and slow wound healing, acne on back, really stiff joints and muscle aches (feel like I've done a marathon), etc etc etc. Loads more.

?I've had blood test after blood test, given samples, blood cell counts, had gluten intolerance checked, thyroid test....the works!! All clear. Yet I feel awful. Some days I feel good, but others like I'm suffering a full body hangover after swimming the Atlantic!!

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I've been diagnosed with FM too. But have not gone through any specific test for it. My doc finally realized that for the last year every time I come in for an issue.... it's an issue that's on the symptoms list for FM. Including being allergic to ice/cold. That was a shocker. So she now says that yes I have it. I was taking Lyrica for it, but the side effects were not good for me so I stopped taking it. But now I'm just back to the same horrible pains (like my body is sprained) and also can't sleep at night. So I would say talk to your doctor about trying Lyrica. See if that takes away your aches and pains. Maybe the side effects won't bother you. Hopefully not. I also had to pay $50 a month for that medicine. UGH. That was another reason I wasn't wanting to continue. 

• Posted

I've had fibro for 12 years. Last 5 years terrible. Couldn't work too. Have been on amitriptyline, anti convulsant, benzos, pregaba ,

Was on sertraline (zoloft) 250 mg for almost a year . All these made it worse.

Tried all sorts of painkillers even dmards , nothing works on me . Have taken 6lacs iu 4 vit d inj with no help.

Quit sertraline cold turkey about a month ago going through severe withdrawal s. Currently supplementing on vit b12 b6 magnesium citrate ( chelate is better ) multiminerals , fish oil caps in the right dosage . Thinking of adding s adenosyle methionyne.

• Posted

Sounds like fibro to me! But I'm not a doctor. I had a sort of similar experience at first because sites of old injuries was hurting but they just kept saying' oh that's just that old injury playing up'. But the real tell tale sign is the extreme fatigue coupled with the generalised pain. I said I felt like I'd done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson and then run a marathon just after I had the flu!

The coming and going of symptoms is common too.

I have been on all sorts of painkillers and anti inflamatory meds for years, but about a month ago I started with non prescription high strength Turmeric capsules and CBD Oil (Cannabis with the illegal bit taken out!) out of desperation. At the moment I am feeling the best I have felt in YEARS!!!!! You have nothing to lose from trying these supplements. Most of the prescription meds have little effect.

• Posted

I actually havn't been diagnosed yet, but with so many other ailments ruled out its getting to the point where I'm thinking 'what else could it be?' Woke this morning feeling totally different to last night. I know this is just a good day and wont last. But over a year with increasing symptoms and still no diagnosis. Starting to wonder if Docs are clued up enough about this condition (or whatever else It may be).

• Posted

Hi, food plays a big role in symptoms I have found.  When I stick to a vegan diet of mostly vegetables and some fruit. I feel the best.  Stay away from sugar will kick up your symptoms.  Eggs are an inflammatory stay away from foods that cause inflammation that will trigger you pain and tiredness grains are another huge culprit to making you fell lowsey.  No sugar, carbs and eggs.  Look into anti inflammatory foods and foods that cause inflammation.  I have controlled my symptoms greatly with just what I put into my body.  I don’t like taking meds so I go the hollistic route.  Oils are great too! Good luck!  
  • Posted

Question have you ever had an organ transplant or been bitten or scratched by an animal?  
  • Posted

Thank you all for your responses.

?I havn't had any organs removed and I don't recall any scratches but its a possibility. (I have a dog, which incidentally I now seem mildly allergic to. Never occurred when I first got him).

?I'm now also trying to watch my diet....and caffeine intake as I've read certain articles which mention this.

?The fatigue is one of my major symptoms, I could fall asleep at pretty much any time of the day if I could. I guess the light sleeping at night doesn't help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.