Have I got fibromyalgia?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everybody. I'm looking for some advice.

I suffer from chronic migraines for which I have been hospitalised on several occasions and I have always had a 'bad stomach' which has been diagnosed as functional dyspepsia, IBS  and colitis at various times of my life. Last year I started having really bad pains in my hands, wrists, ankles and feet which feel swollen. If I exercise, my whole body aches and I simply cannot do the things that used to be easy for me. I'm even having difficulty doing the ironing and chopping the vegetables. Having always been a good sleeper, I now have periods of bad sleep and I always seem to be exhausted. Until last year I used to go the gym four times each week and I'v always been fit. Now I'm a wreck.

I've been seeing a neurologist for my migraines and a gastroenterologist for my stomach problems but nobody seems to see the big picture.

Do you think I could have fibromyalgia

Thanks for any advice.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

it sounds like it is very much so .check out the fibro pain point chart on the net

you have to have 13 of the points to be diognosed with fibro ,so i was told any way.

research also says more pain then fatigue ,fibro 

more fatigue then pain , c f s

but i have or have had all the symptoms you mentioned i have fibro. 

get into doing a relaxation self hypnoses cd twice a day for  i b s it really does help

use magneisuim flakes for soaking your feet or in the bath for a good all over soak to ease pain

.i would suggest taking magneisum supplement but that can cause diroreeh in some  so best not .also a supplement called colidaul gold is a good all rounder supplement .to help just about everything.

• Posted

Hi Trudy it could also be Polymyalgia which you can have a blood test for,I have had that twice and both times Predensolone has got rid of it'but now trying to come off it the slow way as the side effects of this drug have caused me to put on 10 kilo's, feel so very tired just to name a couple, wont bore you with the rest.

Anyway have a look at the Poly and see if it could be that,from what you have written it could be either ,never give up' get yourself a good GP my Doc is terrific.  

• Posted

Sounds like it to me too. Like tiswas says get those points checked..

botox injections I'm not sure what part in your body you have them..but my niece had them for severe migraines and now she sleeps right through something she had not done for years, she said she would recommend it to anyone, it's like a miracle for her severe migraines, they were literally crippling her all day and night..for years...now she's pain free....worth looking into..be blessed:-) xxAus

• Posted

Hi Trudy - justing a couple of thins. Your symtons sound very like fibro. As to the migraines, I have a nephew (22yrs ld) who also has ended up in hospital with his attacks. He is now on a low dose (about 10mg daily) of Amitriptylene as a preventative, the same drug that I am on for my fibro (120mg) Could be a connection!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.