Have I got fibromyalgia?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 24 years old and for around 6 weeks I have been struggling with pain all over my body.

It is mainly my lower and mid back which is like a severe ache and is pretty much constant! But then I have sharp pains that come and go all over my body which mainly appear on my hips that shoot down my legs, back of my neck and my arms! 

I am constantly tired and stuggle to sleep on a night with my back pain and brings me to tears! 

On a morning I just can’t physically get up due to tiredness and my whole body just being so stiff that it’s actually sore to move!! 

And lately can not seem to get warm.. I feel cold all the time which causes my muscles to tense up and cause more pain! 

I really just want to know what is wrong with me? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like fibro and raynauds i have both cant stand cold and the cold makes the pain much worse . Have u noticed color changes in ur feet or hands 
    • Posted

No I don’t think my feet of hands change colour.. my feet get cold very easily! But then even though my body feels warm I feel cold and my whole body tenses with it 
  • Posted

Hi Emily,

probably a silly question, but have you spoken to your GP about it?  If not, then  that really is the first step. Your GP will probably take some bloods to see if anything is going on.  Eventually your doctor should refer you to a Rheumatologist as they are qualified in musculoskeletal problems.  It sounds like it could be Fibro, but a Rheumatologist will do the necessary tests to rule out other things first.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.