Have I got gallstones?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, been having pain right side of abdomen, back, shoulder blade, and under ribs. Been back and forth to gp, had blood tests, ultrasound all came back clear. Pain has been getting worse, I am tired, and feel nauseous. Is this IBS or gallbladder isdues?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

id say gallbladder problem, go back and ask for a scan,or if pain becomes unbearable take yourself to A&E and say you cant cope with it and this will see you get a scan quickly x

• Posted

Thanks Jay the gp I saw today was useless, she looked like she had just left kindergarten! If it gets worse I will go to a&e

• Posted

Best advice is to go back yet again to your doctor........... You might write a letter or send an email

as well. This confirms you are keen to get to resolve your problem. 'They' might not like letters etc but 'they' cannot avoid them and you will not be adversely affected by that fact.

My wife used to tell me - 'they' will strike you off you know when you press them. Not at all I said =I have done nothing wrong.......

I still have my designated GP and we both know that we have had our differences but she does look after me and I do not think I could obtain a better GP but she does know I am keen to keep well. Every one should feel and do same should they not? Your health is the most precious thing any one has so it's best to look after it by any means available.

• Posted

Hi Katy

You could try homeopathic remedy chelipodium. I would suggest 30c potency 3 times a day. Do an internet search on it. It worked 100% for me. I had right sided pain just as you describe.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Sorry Katy, I spelt it wrong! here is some info "Chelidonium may help with gallstones, particularly the very specific symptoms that accompany them. In this instance, it often starts with sharp and constant pain in the upper right side of the abdomen.

The pain is made worse by fatty foods and may even extend to the shoulder blades. This homeopathic remedy helps when there is nausea and vomiting that result or when the gallbladder actually becomes inflamed"

• Posted

Thanks all for your replies. Can't see my gp til Wednesday so went to a walk in clinic today, they confirmed it's gallstones. I am concerned that my gp or hospital won't take it very seriously coz no I don't have yellow stools or skin, don't have a raging temperature but I'm in pain and just feel unwell 🤢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.