Have I got globus

Posted , 14 users are following.

My symptoms started about 1 week ago I had a burger for tea and ever since I have had a lump sensation in my throat sometime feels like my airway is closing off been so anxious thinking I have cancer as my throat feels a little sore and food feels like it's getting stuck. The gp thinks it's all anxiety related but I'm not convinced the symptoms don't come and go the lump is always there it feels better in the morning think this is partly to do with the fact I'm not constantly trying to swallow, I also at times feel like there something being stabbed between my shoulder blades I'm taking reflux meds but nothing works. This is getting me down I'm only 33 and it's taking over my life .

3 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Don't lose hope it will be fine sooner that you think I'm a GERD sufferer and I think it's the acid that's causing it.Keep the faith.Don't worry or be anxious , it will worsen it. try to gargle Apple Cider Vinegar and focus on that area.Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Michelle,

Let me start off by saying you are definitely not alone! I finally found the way to beat it, although it's very mysterious! I thought it was food, but water can trigger it too. Watching tv can make it feel weird.

I've been fighting this since 26 years old. Started as heartburn, using (rolaids/ tums) then moved to acid reflux, using (acid blockers pills, sprays, diets) then moved to Gerd in the hospital twice for my throat closing off. Couldn't even swallow my own saliva! CT scan, tubes down my throat, x-rays, Nexium, lidocaine etc. All to find out nothing in my throat?! I was very scared, fear of eating or swallowing. Emergency room twice for heartburn/ trouble swallowing!

Here is my answer, it's stress/ anxiety/ gas! I can talk my way out of an attack most times.

Cure that helps me 80% - 90%

When I lay down to sleep, have a table spoon of unrefined/ natural honey. (Not from a grocery store either) local beekeeper. A bottle will last about 4 months and costs about $12..... never need drugs again. You will use it for about 2 or 3 nights and forget you had symptoms. (Big difference from my $500 a month purple pill)

Up your water intake to. Digestion problems is from being dehydrated! Stay away from fluoride water or you'll have new problems added.

Our diets and lack of water is causing this amazing feeling! If you go the Doctor's way you will have a tube inside you every 6 months and on drugs.

I only drink water or water with real lemon a gallon a day. Honey at night. And still I eat terrible. But I eat less for each meal and skip days of eating for Digestion to catch up.

Hope this helped you!

• Posted

I have had this condition for over a year now, been smoking too (about 5 a day) which does not help. I am definitely off the cigs now to see if that helps - which I figure even if it doesnt, I'll be a lot healthier for it.

I drank lemon water in the mornings for a long time with no real earth shattering health benefits that I could feel, but I'm going back to it, I'll try the honey too.   I drink about 2 litres of fresh rain water every day.

Thanks for the info, I'm keen to get rid of it.

• Posted

Same thing here. All of it. Lump sensation, feeling like food is stuck in the top of my throat, shoulder pain. Reflux meds are not helping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.