Have I got postmatic stress disorder? Please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I exsperienced really bad anxiety for about 6months, after a close friend died off a pulmonary embolism.. I went away and got myself better with no medication I finally got my life back.. but since I got back and I went in to the house my close friend lived at all the memory's came flowing back so now every time I get a pain I panic myself that much I get chest pains ant breath propaly thinking I have what my friend died off.. I can't stop thinking it..what do I do I'm only 29

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No you don't have PTSD. PTSD is categorised as a condition usually affecting those who have experienced life threatening or severe trauma. It sounds like plain old anxiety, seeing a Dr to discuss it would probably help you, no need for meds if you don't want them, therapy is always a good option

• Posted

Claire

You are going through all the mixed feelings we all suffer when we losse someone close. You lost a fiend and you sometimes may find to talk it out with someone who knew Her. Talk about the bad and good times you went through together, that can help you come to terms with the loss.

You are twenty nine years old now and to have managed to get through to that age without a death can be quiet unusual. I am a Pensioner and I began to loose my Surrogate Family when I was about fourteen years old. Fom then on I seemed to have some many family members that were departing this world it became overwhelming.

You need to undestand life is part of death We are born and marry, have kids retire and off we go if we are lucky, we cannot do anything about it. 

Sad to say it never gets any easier, just we seem to be less overwhelmed when we loose someone we loved.

You really need to move on

BOB

• Posted

It is early days yet and you need time to grieve.

My friend got murdered and it took me a year before the pain became easier.

20 years down the line I don't think about him.

It sounds like you are suffering from anxiety disorder when you mention chest pains. A lot of people have been to the A & E with chest pains and it turned out to be a panic attack.

• Posted

Hi Claire, I can't begin to think how awful that must be. Poor you - shout help, go see your doctor explain exactly what you said on here and ask for support. Whether you have PTSD or not is not the issue being terrified by what you saw and coping with it alone. You may need CBT or counselling but I'm not a doctor. Good luck not easy for you but it may be necessary!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.