Have I got scabies or contact dermatitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys,

So I have recently returned home from University where one of my housemates was treated for suspected scabies. This was a few weeks back, I am now home and no where near him, and I have came out in spots across my lower torso, top of my legs and around the top of my back to the side.

I am unsure whether its scabies or if it is more likely to be a contact dermatitis as I recently changed to Persil for my last wash and my mum and brother are allergic to this. I have attached a few photos to outline the spots. They are super itchy but I don't have any spots between my fingers or toes like usual scabies. If people could help me it would be greatly appreciated!!

.imageimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

it’s so hard to tell through pictures, but if your roommate was suspected to have it then it’s very possible that you have it. Sometimes it takes a while to show up, and if it’s very itchy then I would be highly suspect. If you do think it’s the detergent then maybe give it a week to see if it spreads more and stop using it. No one can really tell you if you have it or not because we are displayed different types of symptoms. But I can tell you that my family never has had it on the hands and feet and we have it.

• Posted

hi,

thanks for replying! so i only used the detergent once to wash all my clothes which i had worn a few of. last night we got all my clothes and washed them again with a different detergent, so we were going to wait on that. is there any particular way you can know for sure if its scabies as they are little spots but dont have any white puss or anything inside them. they're basically at the bottom of any hair follicles i have.

i am leaning towards it being scabies however i am unsure still and with this pandemic going on its not like i can have a doctor look at it!

cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.