Have I got something wrong with my lungs or heart?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone tell me I am 61 and I have a very healthy job cycling and walking. I have been recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism, but I've noticed lately I break in to sweats especially after walking up a lot of stairs or climbing hills, I get breath less and I get palpitations. When I use my inhaler I can breathe better but then I'm so tired??.

I used to smoke but gave up 5 years ago but I've been told I'm border line C.O.P.D, could that be why I'm effected this way??.

The sweats are awful where it drips off me ??

Carole

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Could you telephone your doctor on Monday to explain these symptoms?

They might be usual with hypothyroidism or the associated medication.

Best wishes

• Posted

Thank you for that, but I'm on holiday in Italy until 14th September. I do get fed up going to my Doctors, you feel like a hypochondriac , but in a way it's ruining my holiday being tired all the time , but I will go and see him when I get back home , thanks for your reply.  Carole 
    • Posted

Hi Carole

well there is clearly something that is not right, which is why you are concerned. don't worry about feeling like a hypochondriac - that's why i suggest you telephone your doctor rather than take up an appointment. with these hormonal problems it sometimes takes a while for the body to re-regulate itself and they may have to play around with the dose of the medications since it is all quite finely balanced.

please try to enjoy your holiday and get the rest that you can.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I know there is something not right as I just feel like I'm 80 sometimes??.

But your right I will contact the doctors again!!! To see what's wrong?. I will enjoy the rest of the holiday thanks again. C

• Posted

Hi Carole

Ask your doctor for an angigram ( spelt wrongly ) sorry. This is the ultimate test for heart results. I had lots and lots of ECG nothing showed up, when I had the angigram it showed everything wrong with my heart. This test takes 20-30 minutes no pane what-so-ever.

Sweats could this be stress etc.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi David

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm on holiday right now, but when I return home on the 14th Sept I will go and see my Doctor.

I will see if he will give me an anagram of my heart, the sweats are awful but could be possibly my medication I'm on?, but I'm not a Doctor??  Carole

• Posted

Carole,

I'm 61 also and I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism quite a few years back.

Sometimes I get night sweats, but I don't know if they are related to that.

I also have a congenital heart defect which doesn't allow me to do much

physically. I think full out C.O.P.D can cause those symptoms, but since you're

borderline, I'm not sure.  You shouldn't feel tired after using an inhaler.

Kathy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.