have i got this??

Posted , 3 users are following.

3 weeks ago one eve i was in bed i had this tight throat could not swallow, gulping air, i panicked went to hospital, said prob anxiety! i had a weeks worth of pils, not sure it did much, cancelled my holiday as was so panicked, it vanished for one week i thought great at last im normal but yesterday it came back, it normally starts after food, bedtime is stress-full as i think ill choke in my sleep! i keep saying to my hubby its not in my head, i had ENT for my sinu's asked her look down my throat, said it looks normal, was thinking acid refflux??? today ive been bad, if i havent got water to gulp i panic!! its bloody horrific! than i came across this thread, phew maybe i can have a diagnosis when i return to the doctors! anybody know of any medication that works?? i am panicking this is my life now! had blood test all clear, glad to know im not alone!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi tracey

I have had this condition for just over 5 weeks now, ironically it started when i

had trouble swallowing a health pill it seemed like it had got stuck in my throat

it really panicked mefor a few days.

My Doctor told me my pill might have scratched my throat on its way down

and just try not to worry and take some Gaviscon if needed.

What really put my mind at ease was finding this forum there is so much good

advice on here, someone on here said if it starts to feel bad eat something and

this helps.

Now when the lump in my throat starts to worry me i eat a slice of bread and

butter and it seems to ease up when i do this.

All the best

Andrew

• Posted

Hi Tracey,

I just wanted to say that you are not alone in this. Sometimes acid reflux meds help people, but for me that is not so. I do believe that with this condidition, the better you eat, the easier it is to handle. I'm sorry your going through this. But remember, it won't kill you, and just breath through the panic if it comes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.