Have I had enough contact to catch scabies?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I'm doing a research project at university in an electrophysiology lab, and I had a friend come in to practice on. She had what looked like eczema on her hands, and said it was weird it was only between the fingers. Now I'm worried she has scabies, and that I've caught it.

I read you need direct and prolonged contact to catch the mites, but I don't know how long prolonged is? The only contact I had with her directly was touching her index finger and feeling between the thumb and index finger and on her arm for specific muscles I had to put electrodes on, and placing those electrodes and taping them down. It took about 10 minutes to set up all the equipment, but I probably had direct contact with her skin for a total of maybe 5-8 minutes tops, with individual contact times no more than 30 seconds I reckon? Could I have caught scabies?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.