Have I just had a stroke ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm in the middle of getting diagnosis for acid reflux / lung infection / pins - needles etc through doctor who had listened to my chest , heart and lungs 

today I was out and about and suddenly I became completely overwelmed with spaced out / dizzy / head rush - sweating and hot head and then a numb face 

I managed to get home and sat down and it subsided 

I called 111 and spoke to a nurse who simply said go back to doctor 

I don't know if I should rather just go a and e 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It might be a lot of things but you're obviously concerned enough about it to post here. To be extra careful, go to A&E straight away. If it is an ischaemic stroke you might be in the time window for the clot dissolving injection or other treatments. Best of luck!

• Posted

I agree with effie_gee go straight to A&E and get checked over. Make sure they know you think you've had a stroke. They should fast track you. That's what happened to me.

• Posted

Go back to the doctors. You’re most likely going to have an MRI. This is not something you want to ignore. You will be in my prayers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.