Have just been put on a small doze of trazodone to be ta...

Posted , 1 user is following.

Have just been put on a small doze of trazodone to be taken in the evening to supplement the citalopram which is the main drug therapy I'm on. It works a treat in the sense that I sleep like a log but leaves me feeling hungover in the mornings. I wil report back when I've been on it a few days as I understand these side-effects can diminish.

[i:e0f67bb365]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:e0f67bb365]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i have been on trazodone 50mg for the past 3 nights now and been unable to sleep often enough i find these are now pretty much knockin me out within the hour unfortunately in the morning i feel absolutely wrecked like i am drunk and unable to stay awake for the next 5 hours. i also find that trazodone dries my throat out alot and currently am drinking around 6 litres of water in a few hours of been awake its a constant living hell when i eventually wake up but at least im getting sleep
  • Posted

does it get any better? I have been taking 100mg's for three nights and cannot concentrate on anything during the day. I am sleeping much better but as you say feel like I am hungover constantly the next day - I have had to take time off from work as I cannot function. :x
  • Posted

I have been on 300mg of Trazodone as one dose every evening and the effect is lots of sleep! The downside is that you do wake up feeling like you have a hang over and I have on many occassions woken up with blurred vision. I have been taking trazodone for over a month now and the side effect do not seem to be getting any better. The dry mouth/throat when you wake up is a killer - I now have two pints of water besides my bed for when I wake up!!
  • Posted

I have just been prescribed these.

100mg to be taken at night as a sleep aid.

I've had zopiclone and temazepam neither helped me sleep.

Took my 1st 100mg last night and slept for 10 hours. Woke this morning with no ill effects.

Also feeling so much calmer as my heart rate was beating at 131 per minute just walking from one room to another.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.