Have mono feel like I’m not in my body or like I’m living a dream all the time

Posted , 8 users are following.

can someone help me please i just want to know if its normal to feel like i'm not real that im living in a dream. i got diagnosed with mono on the 10th of september, these are my symptoms:

•so feeling like i am not real or like i am alive

• have jaw pain and teeth pain

• have really low iron and vitamin D

• really sharp head pain

anxiety is through the roof got depression

• feel really tired but cant sleep (insomnia)

• feels like my face is swollen

• got back pain, neck and shoulder

• sensitive to light and ears also hurt if theres too much nose

• have chest pain and also breast pain

• feel really thirsty even tho i drink heaps of fluids

• go to the toilet to pee a lot

• feels like there is a lump in my throat

• got heart burn and indigestion

• am constipated

can someone please reasure me that im gonna get better coz right now it doesn't feel like it!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Loz, sorry to hear you are suffering from all those symptoms. Sadly they are common symptons for mono....I've pretty much had all of those at some point. It causes aches and pains in your whole body. Your jaw and neck will hurt as that where your glands are and they will be working overtime at the moment. The best medicine for this nasty virus is time and rest. I take painkillers to help, albeit they don't do much, but probably better than nothing. I've noticed I pee alot, but drink alot more water now.

• Posted

Hi , Loz I'm so sorry to hear you are headed down this road. You have no choice but to be strong , and take care of yourself . Yes TO ALL YOUR SYMPTOMS AND YOU WILL DEAL WITH MORE AS TIME GOES ON . What I learned is these weird symptoms will come and go as time goes on. It will get better and the symptoms will slowly fade with time and you will get your life back. Best of luck to you and remember it will pass with time

• Posted

oh yes ! i have many of those symptoms especially the anxiety fatigue depression insomnia .

i did manage to go out for a short while last night and had that ' weird not in your body ' feeling . im always the fun person talkative good personality etc. i sat there like a plant pot ... couldnt even get my words out and felt very strange .

also if youve just been diagnosed make sure you get loads of rest limit stress and take loads of immune boosting foods and supplements.

i was diagnosed 5 months in and feel i did more harm by continuing to work out and pushing myself too much .

this virus effects you in many many ways theres always something new popping up

• Posted

Most of us here have been through all of these symptoms.. month by month i look back and see that each month i am slowly getting better. there are always setbacks but just stay positive and focus on things and people that make you happy.. life is about balance there is always light and the end of the tunnel

• Posted

thats great news ant! no we cant get disappounted when we have a bad day after a few good ones . this thing has its own path and we just have to go with the flow

• Posted

Thanks Lori, that was a good message for me to read too as had a tough day myself yesterday and feeling a bit unsettled and shaky today with things. We just need to keep hanging in there and submit to God that He knows what He's doing and is watching over us and won't let things get too bad and will restore us and build us up again at the right time if we keep seeking Him and trusting Him.

• Posted

yes all we have is our faith right now and just trying to push through every day . good times to come please GOD!

• Posted

Definitey Lori, read some words today to heed when going through the valley of trials and tribulations:

"You need to dig in to who God is, what God says and what you believe"

It's not easy to do that when not feeling so optimistic about things and things have been going wrong, but just must remember that God is sovereign and His Word stands true and strong even in the toughest hardest lowest days - and that when He says He has good plans for us and will come and help us and build us up again and restore after a little while of suffering, that it most definitely is true and we can trust Him, praise God that we can trust Him and His Word always.

Craig

• Posted

yes craig ive prayed like a maniac and always had FAITH... i CANNOT go through this again twice is enough !! im asking GOD to shine his all so powerful light on me . after years of trauma i deserve a happy rest of my life . so im putting that out in the universe !!

• Posted

Hey Lori,

Oh I know I do believe that God is intervening in your situation and the point is coming where He says 'enough is enough' and help you back on your feet again. I will keep saying a wee prayer for you each day Lori.

I was so touched when you said a little prayer for me in the other forum thread, asking that this cyst would stay the same or disappear - thank you so much Lori for saying that prayer it means a great deal to me right now.

I absolutely am keeping you in my prayers and remember God knows exactly what's going on and how hard things have been and I still believe in my heart of hearts that He is going to bring full healing your way. He hears all our cries Lori, praise God for listening to us even when we are overwhelmed and finding it difficult to communicate our fears properly.

Craig

• Posted

oh i do hope so soon craig .... its getting so old now ....so sick of it . thank you for keeping me in your prayers i really need them right now ... i think the whole world is praying for me . ive just so had it with this thing .... trying to be patient but i need a revovery soon.

i will continue to pray for you too youre always so kind and supportive... we really appreciate you and your positive words mean so much .

• Posted

Thank you Lori, I'm so grateful you are praying for me too I need it so much right now also. Had the worst day yesterday, just don't know if I can keep going on like this all sorts of fears and worries and panic going on in my mind as well as physical symptoms in my body.

Let's keep praying for each other, it's so important Lori. I will keep praying for you. All things are possible to God.

• Posted

i know that feeling all too well craig i go through it every day . i hope today is a bit better for you.

try to lock your worries in a box for now ... this is what ive had to do in order to get better. the stress of this plus stress of life doesnt bode well and theres only so much we can take.

no matter how much we worry what will be will be and once you release that worry things seem to take their own path. i know its easier said than done . we're all here for you .

• Posted

Thank you Lori, your words are so supportive and mean a lot to me right now. I've just went to pieces a bit this week with things, has been really hard. Just praying God can help settle me down and take pain away and give me the strength to keep going.

Praying for mercy for you and all of us on the site Lori, that God would take our pain away - it's hard for us to understand why but we just trust that God's timing is perfect like He tells us and that He knows what's best for us and never leaves and forsakes us.

Hoping and praying for a good day for you today Lori.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Loz,

Definitely agreeing with all the guys that the symptoms you describe do sound consistent and normal for mono to me - it is a strange virus in that it can affect different people in different ways, but many of the symptoms you list were ones I experienced when I went through the virus some years ago, and really empathising as I know it's such a horrible thing to go through.

Just want to reassure and encourage you like David and everyone says, things WILL get better and you WILL get through this Loz! The initial 6-8 weeks for me after diagnosis was just so intense and awful to deal with, just focus on one day at a time and getting through each day at that phase is a real achievement given how hard it is and how unwell it makes you feel.

Do get plenty of rest and just be kind to yourself right now - your body needs that and will overcome this with time. Taking vitamins and herbs helped me during recovery, a good strong multi-vitamin per day, higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), a B complex vitamin (great for energy levels and nervous system) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng, oregano and echinicea can really help. Also for a week or two (no longer) taking 1/2 teaspoon full of baking soda dissolved in water twice a way on an empty stomach is very anti-viral and can be good too.

I really do remember that feeling like it was like a dream, you just knew you weren't well but always couldnt pinpoint in what way or how. This will pass Loz, it is normal for the virus and it does get better. Even if it takes a little while for fully recovery, which can happen sometimes with this stubborn thing, please know it does get better fully and you will get back to full health again! If you need to take time off work / study / whatever, please do that and just put your health first right now that's really important! It's not the kind of virus that can be pushed through it really needs respect and rest and time, but you will get there and it is (unfortunately) normal all these horrible symptoms at this stage, but it doesn't last forever.

Thinking about you and hoping it can be a more settled week - remember just one day at a time with this thing!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.