Have not been able to lose weight since quitting birth control

Posted , 1 user is following.

So I'm 22, have been on the pill since I was 14 to control my heavy periods, and I recently stopped taking it in March because of how increasingly moody and agitated it seemed to be making me. I also figured I might lose a little weight upon stopping it. Well now that I've been off it, emotionally, I feel much better, but no matter what I do, I literally cannot drop below 150 pounds. Normally I'm around 145 so I actually gained weight after stopping the pill. I'm 5'6 so it's not really the end of the world, but I've been dieting and exercising a lot in the last few months, and it's frustrating that all of my efforts to lose 5 more pounds are in vain ever since stopping birth control. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or tips on how to help with this?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.