Have not recovered from last vertigo attack, any comments

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had been clear of vertigo attacks until about 7 weeks ago when I had the worst one ever. Totally unexpected, if I had not been sitting down it was so violent I would have fallen to the floor. Could not keep eyes open as unable to focus (nystagmus?), violent vomiting, dizziness, and whole session lasted almost 5 hours and then I slept for ages. With previous attacks I usually recovered after a few days but this time that has not happened and I have been left with constant ear and head pressure, tinnitus, dizziness and balance issues. I know these are some of the usual MD symptoms but I usually had a few weeks of relief between attacks and am wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation? General day to day life has become really difficult and its really hard to manage any activity. All normal with MD but I am getting fed up with feeling constantly restricted and unable to have my usual lifestyle. Any pointers gratefully received.

Linda

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.