Have online therapy ever helped you?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I've made an online diagnostic of my fears and phobias and then asked to remove a stress towards deep water. It's just 3 days over and I feel that when I'm thinking of swimming, I don't get nervous as it used to be, and even yesterday I decided to check in the swimming pool, and it was ok, no anxious at all. I am about to work with the problem dealing with the opposite sex. But I'm just afraid that it can come back again. Before it took a year to overcome some fear, but here they make it just within a week.

Has anyone tried that as well? Is it good on a long term?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Self diagnosing and self treating is never going to be recommended I'm afraid. Therapy is a great idea,but its best done with a professional with more objectivity than we can provide to ourselves
    • Posted

Oh, absoutely. I've tried self treating following books and some audio but it was no more than for a couple of days, after it came back over.

This time I tried a session online over skype with a therapist. She is a therapist and also a healer, she can see energy problems and change it, that's why the result is quick. On the first session she made a diagnostic of my phobias/anxious (that was free), and after I start working with my main problems. I'm just afraid, that it won't start again

• Posted

I can only mirror what Jmcg has said in that self-diagnosis should generally not be preferred above the help and advice of a medical professional who has the necessary experience and skill to treat people with such problems.

That said, there is another school of thought that says whatever solution you find, as long as it works for you and does not involve drugs, then that should be ok.

Clearly in your case there has been some success, so lets hope your progress continues.

Kind regards

Rod

• Posted

Going on-line to diagnose your problems is never a good idea? You need someone to ask questions of and get answers from i.e. a doctor or therapist, On-line they give you a diagnosis without even seeing you which isn't good. This is basically what jmcg2014 has said just written differently!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.