have ovarian cycsts and not sure about having the op

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i have been diagnosed with ovarion cysts in 2013 i have been in many treatments and even hormone replacements but nothing helped . been to yht gynae yesterday only to find out thet the cysts is  growing aobut 8cm now on the right ovary and 4cm plus multi cysts on left ovary. havin terrible abdominal and back pain.i am very scared about operating and losing both ovaries.any one been here ,let me know what it feels like with no ovaries.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi looloo ~

When I first was married,  I had similar symptoms as you are having.  I did go to the doctor and found out I had a tubal pregnancy.  On top of that, I had a cyst the size of an orange on the same side ovary.  I did have surgery for it and bc of the damage the cyst caused, they  had to remove the tube and ovary.  Fortunately, I was able to have two beautiful girls.

Surgery was hard bc I'd never had anything medically b4.  Well, tonsils...but that is totally different.

I sure hope you really think about it because if you do wait too long, you could be doing damage to  your fallopian tubes and ovaries.  Talk with your doctor about that and see if you are in any danger of doing permanent damage to yourself.

Best of luck.

Frustrated

• Posted

Oh, and also, looloo, you cannot even tell once an ovary is removed. And as far as the operation, everyone deals with things differently so I'd prefer not to tell you anything bc like I said, it was really my only dealing I had with such a serious problem.  

Thanks again wink

Frustrated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.