Have post viral fatigue

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone out there can help I've been told by gp I have PVF suffering from intense dizziness nausea pain in right ear neck going into shoulder fatigue is this normal with PVF been told got to wait 3 wks before investigating further never felt so ill

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear of your troubles have you had a viral infection?has your gp done blood tests it can be a case of wait and see all I could advise is to try not to stress and rest as much as possible don't push through fatigue or you will make things worse I had similar symptoms after a infection but it is early days you really need to work with your GP here try and take things easy 

• Posted

Yes I had chest infection..I was tested for aneamia also that was ok and had liver levels tested also blood pressure taken all ok I have been told to go back in three weeks for further investigation I feel so nauseous breathless and fatigued an dr said it's post viral fatigue

• Posted

Sounds very much like it try not to worry and relax as much as possible as it would just aggravate things more easier said than done I know meditation mindfullness helps the mistake I made was pushing through the fatigue.try and hang in there and get plenty of sleep if possible not sure how long you said this was going on for but it sounds like early days so there's every chance you can recover

• Posted

Despite the dizziness as it's not as bad when lying down I can actually sleep for England but wake up early hours n still tired. I'm just wondering whether I have labyrintis spelt wrong I've had this before although not with fatigue an pain in shoulders neck or pressure in head 

• Posted

Hi that's very common in Cfs post viral fatigue to feel better when lying down and the pain in neck and shoulders I still have that   I understand how you must be feeling I was the same wondering what it was all I can say is with doctors if you are not happy get a second opinion don't be fobbed off hope you find out take it easy 

• Posted

Yes that's what I intend to do, hopefully I will get appointment tomorrow with my gp and at least I will know a bit more hopefully, you do feel very isolated when you are not able to go about your daily life through having limited energy and immense dizziness when I try to get up even to go into different rooms I get breathless.thankyou for replying to me and giving me some advice and best wishes to you 

• Posted

Yes it's very isolating illness I still struggle to have much of a social life I haven't worked for 3 years I was very outgoing before it happened but don't give up thing is you have to accept it the best you can and try to be positive and I'm sure you will see improvements I don't take to much meds for pain but I have done early on there's maybe a m e group in your area you can join and get more advise on line best wishes to you too feel free to ask anything tho no worries

• Posted

I know what you mean I have just recently given up work I'm 59 very soon and just couldn't do my job anymore I'm very positive person but I totally understand I was very outgoing too, but this certainly limits wat you can do an what you can try to do I have lovely supportive husband which helps a lot. I also do not take meds for pain I just try to exercise I'm certainly not depressed but more frustrated than anything as this is stopping me doing what I want to do. And I'm finding you can't push through this I would say my worst thing about this is dizzy ness breathlessness and fatigue 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.