Have serious anxiety that has got me so down. I have a great life but still feel unhappy!

Posted , 7 users are following.

So, my anxiety has come back with a vengeance. Managed to cope without it for a couple of months. I've suffered for around 5 years now, with spots of depression thrown in at serious times of stress. 

I am currently sick of constantly feeling unwell and falling into severe panic attacks. So much so, that I have that feeling of impending doom constantly and even though I live a comfortable and happy life, I feel unhappy. Seriously unhappy and fed up. I don't see the point in anything anymore and it's horrible. I sometimes want to cry and can't, because it's too exhausting. Other times I burst unexpectedly. 

Anyone experiencing anything similar?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I am the exact same way but it has been going on much longer than five years. About 2 months ago I started to binge eat. I changed psychistrists and found a pychologist who specializes in depression, anxiety and eating disorders. I still feel like crap but I feel a little hopeful for the first time. Have you tried a psychologist or psychiast? You really need both at the same time. I hope your insurance covers it. If it does start trying to find them now. You may not like the first, second or third. You must find proffessionals that you click with. I hope this helps. Let me know.
    • Posted

I live in Scotland so no insurance required. Think I'll just go  to my doctor - again and explain how I'm feeling! Thanks

• Posted

jac

Do you know what has caused your Anxiety ?

Make an appointment with your GP if not all ready, discuss your feelings and concerns

• Posted

It all started when my mother was diagnosed with cancer and now, I get them out of nowhere. Sometimes when I'm very happy and content with life, it hits me. It's almost like I'm scared something is about to go wrong. Definitely going to go back to the doctor!

• Posted

Panic attacks are awful I know I have them .My Dr gives Xanax for them tell your Dr how you feel he can give you something for them Good luck!
    • Posted

My doctor gave me beta blockers for the thumping heart rate. They help to an extent but then I get so many other symptoms of anxiety like headaches, dizziness, tingling sensations in my feet and hands - so many things. Just fed up with it. Guess I should just get back to the doctor and keep on at them to get some help.
  • Posted

Hi Jac - like others here have said, the first place to start is with your doctor. He will assess what you may require - meds, psychologist etc. Be open and honest with him/her, and if you feel uncomfortable or dismissed, find another doctor. Also, I wonder whether you have considered meditation? It might help with the heart issue too.
  • Posted

Have experienced this in my life. Can be very paralyzingly and difficult for those around you.The important thing is you do what ever it takes to treat the anxiety so you can find out what got you to that point.I found that wrong thinking was the root.psychotherapy put me on the path of right thinking. Begin to understand your thoughts and why you think like you do and you will overcome some of the anxiety that faces you
  • Posted

I do not know how Scotland's health care works. Maybe you have to see your family doctor first. General practioners do only one round of psychiatric training. A psychiatrist knows far more about the meds we have to take and has the knowledge if meds have to be combined. They also have a much better understanding of what might be contraindicated if you take meds for other health problems. Luck and Love.

• Posted

Wayne's idea is right on point. Go to Youtube. They have guided meditations on anxiety and depression.

• Posted

Hey, hope you're well. I've been doing meditation of sorts but maybe not regularly enough. Maybe take the time to do this in a more regular basis. I'm really struggling with it just now and have constant dizziness, headaches and stomach pains. I get attacks in so many different forms. So many different symptoms sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.