Have terrible rash on my leg, need some advice please.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

​I have a terrible rash on my right leg, which I've had for over a week now.  Its red, extremely itchy, feels like leather and the skin looks tight.  Have tried antiseptic cream, then E45, but neither has made any difference.  Eventually saw my diabetic nurse three days ago.  She prescribed a steroid cream plus emolient.  It hasn't made any difference yet, is still dreadfully itchy.  In fact had to get some ice cubes to alleviate the itch and cool my leg down, as it's hot.  Nurse said it could lead to cellulitis, and then I'd need an anti biotic.  Not sure whether should go back to see nurse today or leave to see if the cream will work.  But today noticed the rash is beginning on my left leg.  Has anyone got any advice please.  I'm also type 2 diabetic, well controlled.  Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You need to go back to the nurse and ask to see a doctor, possibly be referred to a Dermatologist 

What was the steroid cream called?

• Posted

Hi there,

​steroid cream is clobetasone butyrate.  May have to leave going back to nurse till tomorrow, as have only had about 3 hours sleep, because of the itch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.