Have to go for Biopsy

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone had to go for a  biopsy  of the uterus ?

Inserting two tablets of  MISOPROSTOL into the vagina night before  procedure  ??

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, ive had biopsies taken during a hysteroscopy, but I didn't have to have anything the night before. Just a couple of painkillers an hour beforehand.

Good luck

• Posted

I believe Misoprostol is used to help soften the cervix to make it easier for insertion of instruments for biopsy. I would think this would lessen your discomfort during the procedure. I hope all goes well for you.☺
  • Posted

Thank kindly to the both of you pudds66 and temperace...

Much. Appreciated

• Posted

Hi Cmt, I need to have one done soon and I'm so nervous.   May I ask why they are sending you for one?

• Posted

I got a period after 2 1/2 years of nothing...

in menapause ..

went for ultrasound...so now she decided to insert instrument into uterus and take a sample of wall for biopsy..

have to insert these two pills into my vagina night before procedure ..to help relax or open cervix . Mine was apparently close to much.

• Posted

I had one as I was bleeding after 5 years of nothing. Ended up that my vagina wall was torn due to no lubrication. They wanted to be sure so had to go for scan and biopsy.
  • Posted

I had that biopsy twice BUT I did not do the misoprostol the night before I was given nothing not even during the bisopy either!
    • Posted

She tried but my cervix was too closed.. so she decided to have me come back and take these meds before I return 
    • Posted

My cervix was closed too the doctor had me scared to death, wanted to do in ER , or insert pills and so on! I switched obgyn doc and she did it in the office and had me to cough and went through several times and it was very bearable and when she had me cough I guess thats when she broke through, I felt hardly anything and I think she took a few different biopsies. I did bleed a day or two afterwards. I think God everything came back good. 
    • Posted

I meant no pain killer or anesthesia before or during the procedure.
  • Posted

I have just had a biopsy done last week but did not have to insert any medication. It lasted about a minute and was uncomfortable but not terribly painful.
    • Posted

Well, the only thing that makes any sense to me about this is because my cervix closed ...to tight,..

sometimes if they try to  insert the instrument they can puncture the wall of the uterus if the cervix is too tight to pass through. That’s the reason for the medication to apply night before..

i suppose this can happen if one has not been sexually active for awhile..

Not sure. Anyway thanks for your reply nectarine...

How old are you when you had this done?

• Posted

I had a biopsy. Did not insert anything in advance. I'm not sure where you are located, but there are different procedures in different locations. Are they going to use any pain killer? It's quite uncomfortable, but the whole procedure took less than 4 minutes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.