Have to move due to health

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I am having to downsize my home due to my health.  I am waiting on the dreaded form to be changed from DLA to PIP at some point this year.  With changing address  will I be made to make a fresh claim ??? 

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It depends on the area you are movng to.

Changing address is not normally a notifiable change of circumstances. Moving to a different type of house - say from a two story 4 bed property to a 2 bed bungalow is.

Your disabilities and how they affect you could well change for example if you have no stairs to climb.

• Posted

Hi Les thank you for responding

I am moving to a bungalow or flat with no stairs due to Fibromyalgia. So that means they will want a new claim? Which I am worried about as they don't recognise this as an illness..

• Posted

It does't matter what they recognise as an illness. I have ME and all they're concerned about it getting evidence about how you're affected in your day to day life.

An assessor came to my home; saw how debilitated I am and said that he'll tell them that I have significant muscle problems. He said 'You have ME?' (and verified about the other things I have' once) and asked me nothing more about them, just how I am.

• Posted

Hi Laura,

Who told you that Fibromyalgia is not an illness? Whoever told you this has misled you. Under the BMJ (British Medical Journal) it is recognised and it is also listed in the guidelines for DWP Medicals, within their Staff Only Medical publication.

This is also on the Gov't website, if you want to look at it, or download the manual, it is a publically known document, and indexed by Google. Let me know and I'll PM you the address, of the latest copy. It is a condition that can last a long time, but in most cases, it is a lifetime.

With Fibromyalgia you should be under a Consultant Rheumatologist because it resembles autoimmune diseases. Sometimes it is overlooked by GP's, in which case you would need to ask to be referred to see a Consultant Rheumatologist.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Thank you George..I suppose its just a case of just waiting and seeing what happens..
    • Posted

Sorry Georgia not George
    • Posted

Great Les! I think she probably meant that illnesses like Fibro and ME haven't been taken seriously enough at all, but you're quite right, they are being now. Not enough but there's progress.

• Posted

Yes, I'm going through the wait. This morning a brown envelope came through the door from them. I had trouble opening it through nerves and when I did it said 'We have all the evidence we need now, sorry for the long wait, we'll be in touch as soon as possible'.

Arggh I thought it was it! Lol

• Posted

Hi Les

I actually read somewhere it was a recognised illness.   But then when I talk to anyone about applying for PIP because of it I am told it is not recognised. I have to keep pushing doctors for support and have had to ask to be sent to a pain clinic as I cannot get go out much as I get pain in my feet..

• Posted

Hi les59996.                                                                                                                  I"ve been trying to understand how the PIP people quontify someones disabilities and wrap the house they live in around them. YOU TAKE YOUR"E PROBLEMS WITH YOU wherever you live or go. Stairs v no stairs, coal fire v gas fire and house v disability. If you had a stairs there"s no saying you ever go up there for any reason. But yet you can be denied PIP because of the layout of the property!!!!!.  Ta

• Posted

Hi Georgia,

Long time, no see! lol

There was a woman I met on these forums and she had a DWP Assessment for PIP.

The actual Assessor stated to the woman that there is no such thing as "Fibromyalgia", it is just something your GP say to you, so they do not have to deal with you! That woman left the room crying - it is disgusting how they can treat some people.

That Assessor was eventually tracked down and sacked, due to her behaviour and misconduct towards a claimant.

The woman contacted me via PM, after reading numerous posts I had made asking me if I could help her. So I gave her a list of people to contact and how to report a DWP Assessor, whom was just a nurse.

On the second time and submitting additional evidence due to the case in question she was granted PIP Care and Mobility Enhanced Rate, for 3 years! Which was a big difference from her first brown envelope which was 'zero'ed' due to the Assessor she first seen.

I know a lot of these so-called "Health Assessors" by the DWP have to abide by strict rules, by this I mean they are paid to only allow a certain number of claimants go straight through on just the first assessment - after that amount they end up putting lies on paper! Which many people see day-in and day-out!

At the time, I knew an ex-health accessor from Facebook - but these days I hardly touch it. It's like watching a soap with all the drama on the feeds - what makes it worse is couples talk to one another, when they are in the same room! Why would anyone want to broadcast their life to everyone on their friends list is beyond me. And people could not understand when I done a University course on Digital Anthropology, and hated Facebook! LOL Perhaps, it's my age group! LOL lol

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Has anyone else noticed the latest rubbish mail from Capital One?

They have started using the same brown envelopes and your name and address in nearly the same text.

You rush to open it, and it's a bloody Capital One Credit Card Application Form! Yet, another ploy to catch people out!

I always check the envelopes on the back to see the return address.

I even put return to sender all over the back and front, and postman delivered back to me the next day!! Some days I wonder, about people and if they read.... rolleyes

• Posted

I always check the envelopes on the back to see the return address.

I even put return to sender all over the back and front, and postman delivered back to me the next day!!

This made me smile Les, as the exact same thing has happened to us.  smile

• Posted

I have read on these forums about the lies that are told by assessors. I guess time will tell. I hate Facebook as well lol
    • Posted

Hi sukes,

I know it's sounds so stupid, you don't expect it to comeback to yourself!

I actually spoke to the postman on the 3rd day, he said most letters with "Return to sender" are just dumped and shredded at the post office!

But sending it back, I didn't expect to comeback to me! rolleyeslol It makes you think these postmen need a degree or diploma in English!

Next we'll have mail delivered by drones, or hacked! LOL

• Posted

Hi sukes,

I know it's sounds so stupid, you don't expect it to comeback to yourself!

I actually spoke to the postman on the 3rd day, he said most letters with "Return to sender" are just dumped and shredded at the post office!

But sending it back, I didn't expect to comeback to me! rolleyeslol It makes you think these postmen need a degree or diploma in English!

Next we'll have mail delivered by drones, or hacked! LOL

• Posted

The best bet Les is to write a letter or package our parcels, and get on our horse and ride to the recipient's address and deliver it! I always knew I was a genius. cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.