Have you confused the prednisolone tablet dose?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi again

Following my post this morning, in which I mentioned my concerns about the difficulty distinguishing between a 5 mg and 1 mg tablet. I've received several replies that echo my worry.

It has been pointed out that there are other preds that are easier tell apart, but the ones that I had were almost identical.

Have you had the same experience? perhaps it's something we could change?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've had about 4/5 different pharma companies.  All white (if non enteric) some do vary in size between 1 and 5's.  Have also found one pharma doesn’t mould cut on 5's - had to get them replaced at pharmacy.  All – at least in the UK – are in blister packs and clearly marked.  Good advice about dosette box and dispense when you can concentrate on them.
  • Posted

I just leave them in the bottle they come in from the pharmacy.I

I take out the amount of 5's I need, put the lid on and set the

bottle back on the counter.   Take out the amount of l;s I need

from that bottle put the lid on and set back on counter.  I've

never had a problem mixing them up.     Pretty simple.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.