Have you experienced other digestive issues with gallstones?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Other than the abdominal pain during the attacks, did you ever just have tummy aches, excess gas, & acid reflux that were related to your gallbladder problem? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

For years, I had issues with tum - diarreah alternating with constipation. Put it down to stress or IBS. The former was so bad that it got where I did not want to leave the house till a certain Tim in day. Also had nausea in morning, niggling pain in upper right side, bad gas pains. It wasn't until bad attacks started and I was diagnosed that I put 2 and 2 together.

• Posted

Nausea, lots of nausea. I didnt have bad pain.
  • Posted

I've had mine out for, 4 years and I still have all kinds of stomach pains acid reflux burping for hours I've been to see Consultants had to Have the camera both ways I have a hiatus hernia now all my food keeps coming up I have never felt so awful I never go out now x

V v

• Posted

I have a scanned booked for 20th August hopefully to confirm I have gallstones.  Dr advised 4 years ago I had GERD, now it seems obvious to me this was the start of gallstones.  Recently I am experiencing lots of other issues, including constipation and most recently painful trapped wind (hopefully this has been solved by taking Rennie Deflatine). It’s miserable and can be really limiting on certain days.
  • Posted

Dear Brittx3 You can have a whole multitude of symptoms simply because the Gall Bladder is part of the digestive system!!!   I have a whole range of symptoms and the attacks vary with those symptoms but the more you become ill the more the attacks will bring in other symtoms????  I have only had acid reflux once in the 3 years of being ill with this and that is from many attacks???
  • Posted

If you are up ALL night being sick you then know something MUST be sorted out! That condition was intermittent for me but as my hematologist said-------there is a lot going on here!   I was in a bad way and had waterworks infections that were on and off combined with digestive problems......  I ask myself and others do --- Are these doctors as 'cleaver' as they used to be?

Because there is more narrowing re specialization  on all parts of the human body one would think that

all those sorting out the human body would be better at what they do but this seems to be not the outcome------ more's the pity!   A surgeon retired recently at 55 said  ' they' come from university or similar with a bit of paper but with no experience!   Seems we are mostly guinea pigs then!?

• Posted

I have so much wrong with me right now I would not mind betting my Gall Bladder is severely ill but hey you try arguing with the system!  I would try almost anything but it would have to come from Dr's mouth, tredfacehere was someone saying about another herbal drug in here but it was pricey.  but I maybe phoning this consultant up very soon because I dont think I can wait until Jan just to argue for a HIDA scan let alone removal but I do believe I will be in in AE very soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.