Have you experienced something similar?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello again, I hope you are all well.

I was wondering if anyone here experienced similar symptoms. I noticed that every once in a while I would have a day where my resting heart rate in general would be lower than what it usually is. For example, if it is usually 75, then on that day it would hover around 60-65 BPM, and at night time my RBPM would drop to around 45-55. Through out the day I would get more ectopic beats then usual, I feel more light as well, not necessarily out of breath just a sensation of lightness through out. I dont know why this would happen, I am not on any medication, or anything unusual. My relative fitness is meh, I started gym 3 weeks ago. Throughout the day i just feel weird like its not a normal feeling but its not very severe either, i still could go out for walks without a problem.

I also noticed that at night specially when i am laying flat, the ectopic come more often and it drives me nuts, it creates a sense of anxiety and its honestly scary. I specially notice this when i sleep on my left or right side or my stomach so I am forced to sleep on my back. When i do sleep in those position its like i know when the ectopic is coming like there is a build up to it. Has anyone else experienced this with ectopics? It suggest that maybe some of my ectopics beats are vagally driven as they occur at lower heart rate rather then typical stress induced high BPM.

Any feedback would truly mean allot, i just want to know if people have gone through similar episodes.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes to all of the above.

Unfortunately there are all kinds of variability that come with this.

My pulse rate tends to run higher more than lower.

• Posted

oh thats quite sad tbh, how have you been coping with, the ectopic and low heart rate at night are literal nightmare, its very disturbing, seriously messes with someone mind 😦

• Posted

If you hang long enough, you get used to hanging.

After about nine years it has gotten somewhat better, though I'm taking the beta blocker (in tiny dose) regularly now for the first time.

Doctors said it wouldn't kill me and I guess they were right, as much comfort as that is.

• Posted

hmm, have you thought about catheter ablation for the ectopic beat ?

• Posted

Doctors tell me what I have is trivial. Maybe they're right, though it sure hasn't felt trivial a lot of times. The ablation is a major procedure and has about a 50% success rate.

As I said, I've gotten some improvement recently, so maybe I can continue to tough it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.