Have you guys had these weird symptoms from mono?

Posted , 6 users are following.

After almost 3 weeks of trying to figure out what was going on with me, i found out i had mono. I so far have the typical brain fog, fatigue, joint ache, but somewhat have a lower body temp and my hands and feet are cold and getting a little dry. Anybody have/had similar symptoms? I really appreciate the feedback.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Also, i do happen to have my right ear ringing and can feel the pressure on it. Just wanted to know if that was a similar symptom? It's just tough as all these symptoms came on almost at once.

• Posted

Hi Roy,

The ear ringing/ pressure was my first symptom of mono, although I didn't know it then, it subsided after some time, annoying for sure. My theory is the swollen glands put pressure on the ear or the area around it, I also had a weird whooshing noise to go along with it. I would listen to music or TV, I also put an ear plug in that ear and it helped somewhat.

• Posted

Hi Roy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such awful symptoms. I myself haven't experienced the ringing ears, but my hands, feet, and occasionally my upper arms have been constantly cold since I was diagnosed with mono, and I've noticed skin dryness a few times too. I've seen a few people on forums before mentioning how the virus affected their inner ear which could cause the ringing. I personally believe that all of that can be caused by the virus since it seems to take a toll on your entire body. If you haven't had a complete blood count yet, I would recommend getting one just to help rule out a few other things that could cause it and to help put your mind at ease, but I really think these symptoms go along with the mono.

Sending my best wishes for a quick recovery!

• Posted

Hi Roy,

So sorry to hear you've had such a tough few weeks and have mono. Really empathising having been through the virus myself a number of years ago, it really is a nasty nasty one and just want to reassure you that the symptoms you describe sound very typical and normal for mono to me. It can cause so many different things for different people too, some people seem to get certain symptoms worse than others.

Definitely just want to encourage you to take plenty of rest and remove stress as much as possible at this time - getting through each day with this virus is an achievement. Put your health first and if you need to take time out of work / school / studies / anything stressful please do that, I know it's not easy and hard but you really need rest and to give your body time with this thing.

Just want to reassure you that things do get better, and not to panic if it takes a little while to get fully over this thing, that can be normal but you absolutely will get over it and back to good health again. Things that helped me during recovery were taking vitamins and herbs, a good strong multi-vitamin per day (Immunace Extra in the UK was the one I took), high doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), a B complex vitamin per day (great for energy levels and fatigue) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng, echinacea and oregano. I'm no expert in any of this stuff or anything just going on things I've read and things that have helped me! But they can help your system cope if taken in the right way I think.

Just cope with the present when going through this Roy, take one day at a time and don't look too far ahead, and remember get plenty of rest and be kind to yourself - thinking about you and hang in there, and remember you will get over this.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Roy,

I had both these symptoms, especially the low body temp. I had it two years ago and my body temp hasn't been 98.6 since.

• Posted

Hoping things have been decent for you and your family lately Mono, how is your daughter and granddaughter doing?

• Posted

Granddaughter is a little better, still low energy, my daughter is still suffering.

Hope you are doing well.

• Posted

Thanks Mono too, just been up and down really, God has been helping me something has been happening just not sure what yet or where it's leading too but trusting God that He's on the case and He's been helping me each day.

Just wish that this nightmare was all over for you and your family Mono too, I still believe that day is going to come when each of you are free of the horrible symptoms and grip of this virus and you will all be able to do things together healthily and happily again - I pray for that Mono and keeping you in my thoughts.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig, I hope that your issues resolve themselves soon. It is the unknown that is such a hard thing to deal with, my mother always says live the day and trust it will be OK, this is easier said than done when dealing with pain and illness.

I hope everyday for my daughters recovery, my granddaughter seems to be recovering aside from the fatigue/malaise.

• Posted

Thanks Mono, that's wise words for sure and as you say it's just the unknown and the confidence that can be taken away that can be so hard sometimes, just finding your way again after losing it for a while can be so tough and praying God helps us all with it!

Really appreciate the best wishes and sending many best wishes to you and your family also Mono.

Craig

• Posted

my left ear started ringing since my mono started in August. it hasn't really improved, but at least it's only one ear.

My feet stay cold, but my temp has always been elevated, so not the same issue you have been having.

• Posted

Oh Jen I do hope these horrible symptoms subside soon, you've been through such an awful time and just a word of hope and encouragement that this thing does get better, coping with it every day when it's in such an intense phase is an awful experience to go through it really is. Please be assured Jen that this won't last forever that there is recovery from this thing, I was still in a dreadful state with it after 3-4 months too and was so weary by that point, in many ways found that the hardest time because I was just exhausted from dealing with it every day and the symptoms were still so intense. But the intensity did lessen after that and even if it takes a little time to reach 100% recovery, don't panic Jen because it will come it really will.

Thinking of you and hoping for a settled week ahead, and remember take things slowly at your own pace right now and rest as much as you need to.

Craig

• Posted

I did not experience the lowered body temp, but my left ear has not stopped ringing since my journey began. I often wonder if it ever will.

• Posted

My ear did eventually stop making the whooshing /ringing noise it took awhile and I wonder if it is related to the swelling in the throat and the pressure on the ear. It drove me crazy!

• Posted

Oh goodness Jen and Mono, that sounds awful with the ringing ear. I do hope so much that this settles down soon Jen, remember there is hope and recovery from this thing and thinking about you today. Remember put your health first and take things at a pace that is good for you right now and don't be pressured by others or the outside world - easier said than done I know. Hang in there Jen, better times ahead I believe you are going to get there with all the symptoms with time.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.