Have you had success with Rhodiola Rosea for anxiety/depression?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started taking a good brand R.R. about a week ago, but for the last couple of days just felt 'strange' or 'weird'..I take no Rx meds, only homeopathics and herbs... just wondering if any of you would share your experience with me if you have taken this herb for anxiety or depression. Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I use ginger and sweet basil. Iove

them and am currently growing lemon balm to see how that works. Magnesium glycinate has helped with sleeping better. Pinterest has all these natural remidies they offer mostly dietary. I use b complex, b12, vit e every other day and now magnessium. My doctor noted to take ubiqinol but i was getting headaches on it. He thinks its great for anyone who gets any kind of palps or low energy. I have not tried the herb you mentioned. Some of them works strongly and then no doctor has a clue. Has it been helping you?

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, Lisa...  to be honest...I can't tell if its helpng me or not. Haven't felt differently... I wish I could find some discussion on what people use for anxiety and depression (homeopathy or herbal) Thanks, Lisa!wink
  • Posted

Betty, I have anxiety but for now no depression.  I can't really help you because I'm taking medication which I'm taping off slowly so I can't take anything that will conflict with the medication.  But just like you I will also like to know because hopefully one day soon I'll be free of this medication and will like to know what is out there to help the natural way.
    • Posted

Hi Papote, Good luck, I know you will be successful! I am continuing to take the Rhodiola and makng sure I take TheSt John's Wort with 5htp twice a day...plus my homeos... I need to stick to a disciplined schedule! I will report in after that and let  you know how it is going! smile I still take myone .5 mg Lorazapam(Ativan) at about 5AM to get back to sleep...and have come to terms that it is "OK"... I am learning via therapy not to be too hard on myself .. Take care!! THANK YOU for your reply. I know you will do well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.