Have you tried AlgaeCal for building bone?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I recently heard about AlgaeCal which is supposed to build bone.

My first bone scan was 2 years ago. Last year's scan showed that the disease had progressed. After cleaning up my diet, doing yoga and taking strontium, D3, K2, magnesium and tumeric for the past year, my most recent scan showed no change, which is good news to me. But I want to grow new bone!

I'm interested to know others' experience with AlgaeCal. A search yielded a few hits but I couldn't find the actual posts where it was mentioned.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you looked on the NOF inspire forum?

This topic has been discussed on there extensively. Many folk including their mediators believe the claims that the manufacturer makes, are misleading because Strontium causes inaccurately high DEXA readings, because its more dense than Ca.

Take a look on their forum.

Best wishes

• Posted

Thank you Lynne; I didn't know about this forum. There's enough reading here to keep me busy for many hours! (or days?).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.